Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys 🍎 Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ☃️Snow soon™☃️

2 hours ago, Paul Carter said:

Scrap the in-game time idea.  That just can’t be a thing,  it’s punishing for people who play long hours (as mentioned above).  The 1.5hr time frame is just too frequent.  It’s going to reduce in-game true RP interactions because people (at least people with large garages) will be grinding just to make their insurance payments.  

You mentioned trying to create a level of realism.  So let’s compare to the current real estate system, which we pay rent equal to 1% of gov price every real week. IRL we pay rent or mortgages every month.  So to be somewhat similar,  i would suggest making an insurance premium due every month (could call it a yearly premium in-game).  The same premium that you pay when you originally purchased the vehicle (5%).  The insurance would just expire after 30 days and give a similar warning that rent does.  You don’t lose your cars or anything,  just have to rebuy insurance.  This will allow you to only buy insurance on cars that you use regularly and leave it off other cars until you want it again. 30 days is a long enough frame that you’re going to have to buy insurance on cars you like and drive because you’ll need it.  Also reduces the conflict of disappearing cars and headaches because nothing really changes other than having to rebuy every month. @Moonblaze

And with that, you can have it so it shows who is driving without insurance and they can be given tickets and after so many stack up, they loose driving privileges.

• Replies 75
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All! Starting June 17th you will be charged 10% of 50% of the vehicle cost, of the vehicle from the dealership. If the vehicle cost is $100,000, then insurance is $5,000. I believe it's the

I'm fine with insurance charges but maybe like a once a week payment like rent for houses? Drive down to the auto store once a week and make the payment. There are some people, including myself, who s

Is it currently possible to cancel insurance? I’d prefer not carry full coverage on all of my vehicles with the new costs, only my daily drivers. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Moonblaze said:

Additionally, I have pushed the start date of this back a week. So, Starting the 17th instead of the 10th.

And to think.. you wanted to just throw these changes in there, this information wasn't even public until I raised a big stink about it, now we actually have some time to discuss this and the underlying problems it creates.

I don't mind implementing a way to cancel insurance. However, it will take a little longer than that because there is a potential abuse in that system. ( I buy insurance, claim my car, cancel insurance ). Avoids the payments.

Let me see what I can do for that.

You can simply change the way insurance works.. if a vehicle is marked as 'missing,' just add the insurance fee right then and there (if the vehicle is found you won't even need to worry about this number) and if someone was to go put insurance on their vehicle before performing their vehicle claim, it wouldn't matter as the claim price has already been set, this value should only revert to its normal state after the vehicle changes status from 'missing' and if you don't want to pay full price for your vehicle when it breaks, just keep insurance on it all the time (or be like me and only keep insurance on the one vehicle you mainly drive)

With all of these extra costs and wanting us to do irl things as we already do... either prices of cars need to drop considering a Hellcat doesn’t cost $600K or the jobs need to give more money. I mean... I’ve never paid $50 for a bottle of water lol

so i robbed someone as my civ yesterday and took their vehicle, their response was "go ahead take the car i don't care i can just get it from insurance its cheap as heck anyway" is there no way to combat this other than the price being higher?

30 minutes ago, ItssJustJosh said:

so i robbed someone as my civ yesterday and took their vehicle, their response was "go ahead take the car i don't care i can just get it from insurance its cheap as heck anyway" is there no way to combat this other than the price being higher?

So you want to punish the person you already stole from?

Just now, Xander Caige said:

they should not be able to go and claim their vehicle from insurance instantly... makes absolutely no sense. 

4 minutes ago, Xander Caige said:

Getting robbed sucks. You definitely get punished for getting robbed. Makes you be more alert to feature muggings. This is true IRL and in FiveM lol. 

I mean, IRL if you make an insurance claim it takes weeks to get your vehicle repaired fi not months. Maybe insurance could work something like that, you loose your car, you go and make a claim, 2-3 hours later the car is available at the insurance office and you get a text saying "Congratulations! Insurance has replaced your car, come down to X location to pick it up."

1 minute ago, Steve Warrens said:

Getting robbed sucks. You definitely get punished for getting robbed. Makes you be more alert to feature muggings. This is true IRL and in FiveM lol. 

I mean, IRL if you make an insurance claim it takes weeks to get your vehicle repaired fi not months. Maybe insurance could work something like that, you loose your car, you go and make a claim, 2-3 hours later the car is available at the insurance office and you get a text saying "Congratulations! Insurance has replaced your car, come down to X location to pick it up."

Again. That's just punishing the victim even more. And at this point it doesn't matter how alert you are. You either comply fully or get harped at for not following VoL rule. The only bit of relief you get is being able to go get your car back. Even more so if it's a new player and it's all they've got. I could see maybe increasing time depending on the amount of vehicles owned by the player. Maybe 30 minutes per car they own other than the stolen vehicle. That's something I'd be totally ok with. 

2 hours ago, Xander Caige said:

Again. That's just punishing the victim even more. And at this point it doesn't matter how alert you are. You either comply fully or get harped at for not following VoL rule. The only bit of relief you get is being able to go get your car back. Even more so if it's a new player and it's all they've got. I could see maybe increasing time depending on the amount of vehicles owned by the player. Maybe 30 minutes per car they own other than the stolen vehicle. That's something I'd be totally ok with. 

That is how real the real world works though. Insurance SUCKS! The victim always gets the short-end of the stick. 

21 hours ago, Moonblaze said:

I don't mind implementing a way to cancel insurance. However, it will take a little longer than that because there is a potential abuse in that system. ( I buy insurance, claim my car, cancel insurance ). Avoids the payments.

Let me see what I can do for that.

Honestly there should be a cooldown when you purchase insurance. Kind of like when you get arrested and lose your gun license. I'd say 3 days or so just to combat any abuse.

1 hour ago, Steve Warrens said:

That is how real the real world works though. Insurance SUCKS! The victim always gets the short-end of the stick. 

You are totally correct Steve, this is RP everything shouldn't be so easy all the time. Life happens and sometimes sucks! Make it to where you aren't able to get your car back for at least an hour.

I am all for insurance coming into play, I think we need a place where we can go deposit the amount that we'd owe weekly. That would make sure that you don't just have grinders going crazy and not RPing all the time. @Moonblaze

5 hours ago, Steve Warrens said:

I like this a lot.  Car becomes unavailable for a few hours while an insurance claim is pending.  It would make people be more careful with cars they love and RP the Tow Drivers/Mechs to get repairs rather than run to insurance. 

I don’t agree with the statement about it punishing the victim, it is more realistic like Steve said in a later post.  You can’t drive up to Geico with a busted car IRL and drive away with a perfectly good as new one,  takes time for repairs or an insurance check.  

13 hours ago, Paul Carter said:

I like this a lot.  Car becomes unavailable for a few hours while an insurance claim is pending.  It would make people be more careful with cars they love and RP the Tow Drivers/Mechs to get repairs rather than run to insurance. 

I don’t agree with the statement about it punishing the victim, it is more realistic like Steve said in a later post.  You can’t drive up to Geico with a busted car IRL and drive away with a perfectly good as new one,  takes time for repairs or an insurance check.  

Definitely like this idea.

So, after pushing the update back a week, this is what I intend to work on.

Implementing the idea above. ( Not being able to claim the car instantly ). ( Perhaps make a way to pull vehicle damage and if its too damaged, then have insurance claim it as a total loss, and require you to purchase a new one?) ( Idea? ) ( Thoughts ) ( I dunno why I am putting so many paranthesis.. )
    Increase the duration from 1.5 hours, to every week.
    Increase the total amount to 2-3% maybe with it being every week? Thoughts?

One thing that I have come to realize about grinding is that is what all of, or most of our current jobs require you to do... To change it, would require a massive overhaul of the complete job system, which I have started the process of, but have not made a dent into any of it.

• thumbup 1
    On 6/6/2019 at 7:36 PM, MaZDuR said:

And to think.. you wanted to just throw these changes in there, this information wasn't even public until I raised a big stink about it, now we actually have some time to discuss this and the underlying problems it creates.

You can simply change the way insurance works.. if a vehicle is marked as 'missing,' just add the insurance fee right then and there (if the vehicle is found you won't even need to worry about this number) and if someone was to go put insurance on their vehicle before performing their vehicle claim, it wouldn't matter as the claim price has already been set, this value should only revert to its normal state after the vehicle changes status from 'missing' and if you don't want to pay full price for your vehicle when it breaks, just keep insurance on it all the time (or be like me and only keep insurance on the one vehicle you mainly drive)

I am all for discussions,
    Awhile back, there was a 30 minute recurring payment for vehicles you had insured, and it was 5%. If I remember correctly, I had disabled it, as there was some issue with the loop where it wasn't resetting the value.

Its not that Im not happy with this whole Insurance thing. But I feel there are some empty holes. Does this new Insurance fee Counts while you are ingame? If you have 30 cars in your garage, you pay Insurance on all of them every 1½ hour? And what is the fee for the so called "rare" cars that dont exist in the dealership? Im thinking am I supposed to pay a few hundred thousands every 1½? Im ingame between 6-14 hours. Is this the time where I limit myself to a couple of hours gaming due to this change? Just some questions I needed answered with. Im not here to complain but more to understand and know how to deal with it.

THANK YOU Gramps, Crunchy and staff!

2 minutes ago, Moonblaze said:

As the discussion has gone on, it's not going to be every 1.5 hours. Rather, from community input, do every week similar to that of rent.

I understand the whole Insurance thing. Just like valueing your life, you value your cars by paying the Insurance and maybe people would actually drive their cars more than just collecting them for the sake of having them. Its realistic and I agree with the community that weekly is better than hourly. Im all up for it if this is the case. 

Thanks gramps for your dedication and getting the community involved.

10 minutes ago, Moonblaze said:

As the discussion has gone on, it's not going to be every 1.5 hours. Rather, from community input, do every week similar to that of rent.

@Moonblaze thank you for taking all of it into consideration. Like @MattyIce69 said.. I’m also in the city on average 8-12hrs.. sometimes a bit longer. That would just absolutely kill the bank in a matter of no time! 

• thumbup 1

Weekly insurance payments would be fine. i feel that since we pay for insurance after we purchase the car, why not just make us pay 1k per car owned weekly from the bank account. Then car owners gotta be dept free and it doesnt punish the people who doesn't grind to make money. 

1 hour ago, Moonblaze said:

Implementing the idea above. ( Not being able to claim the car instantly ). ( Perhaps make a way to pull vehicle damage and if its too damaged, then have insurance claim it as a total loss, and require you to purchase a new one?) ( Idea? ) ( Thoughts ) ( I dunno why I am putting so many paranthesis.. )

One thing that I have come to realize about grinding is that is what all of, or most of our current jobs require you to do... To change it, would require a massive overhaul of the complete job system, which I have started the process of, but have not made a dent into any of it.

I like the Total Loss idea.  But you’d have to implement a feature with that where if your car is deemed a Total Loss,  your insurance claim pays a percentage of the vehicle to help cover replacement.  So maybe you get 75% of dealer price but when you rebuy it obviously doesn’t have cosmetics or upgrades.  I like that. Encourages people to drive better or more careful and creates a penalty if you don’t. 

1 MAJOR problem with this would be Rare cars.  Say you Total a rare car,  you can’t go buy it back from the dealership. Thats not going to go over well with the community.  

For the weekly fee,  I wouldn’t recommend going over 2%.  That’s $20,000 for every $1M worth of insured cars. If you can’t make the insurance payment then if should “expire” and you have to rebuy the insurance at the dealership.  Rebuying it would cost more than making the payment (currently costs 5% to buy) so it creates a responsibility of paying a bill like the rent.  If you don’t have insurance,  a Penal Code should be added for driving without insurance (as mentioned above in a previous comment). 

Im glad you posted this announcement because it allowed the community to provide feedback and help iron this out before rollout. @Moonblaze

• thumbup 1
    2 hours ago, Moonblaze said:

My thoughts about the total loss is meh. Honestly it can be a good thing but losing a car you have spent thousands and thousands including upgrades is a bit extreme. I dont race so the fact that i dont damaged my car completely happens rarely. I think you should maybe let people buy the Insurance Again instead of buying a new car and make it so its expensive. The more people damaged their cars and landed in the Insurance the more expensive it is to get it out. Like irl you dont become elite when you drive like shit and it just gets more expensive the more you keep damaging your cars. This way people will think a lot about their driving and maybe even drive their other cars also.

• thumbup 1

I do agree that it is realistic to have insurance and am happy to pay it. Not being able to claim the car right away would help in so many ways. We would actually have Mechanic / Tow Driver RP because people wouldn't be able to spam insurance to get a new car, you would have to use services as intended instead of exploiting.

I know we were testing vehicle de-spawning and this is my major issue at the moment. If the car de-spawn rate stays the same this would make things very rough, currently you turn around for a couple minutes and the car is gone. Hopefully we helped maybe fix that issue.

One other thing that might help ease people's minds and what seems to be the issue is that people do not know exactly what cars will cost and how much insurance would be with the current car market. Maybe post a list of cars values and how much insurance would be on each to ease the communities mind?

I can not thank you enough for noticing the grinding issue, there are a ton of people who grind constantly and I know a lot of people are here for the RP, myself included. I wouldn't wanna grind just to keep access to my cars.

I agree with a few others , I'm ecstatic about the idea of cars not being able to respawn instantly from insurance to give more tow truck RP/mechanic rp. However I also have to say I don't feel like a total loss on a vehicle is a good idea. I mean I understand  it's rp and we want to keep things as realistic as possible , But to flat out lose and have to replace your vehicle is absurd! Vehicles are like a trophy for most people , especially exotic/rare cars. What if a freak accident happens and traffic falls from the sky and explodes next to someone in their mclaren ? Does that person just lose their mclaren? I hope we as a community really put thought into a total loss mechanic is implemented . I love my cars and would hate to risk losing one just by driving it :( . But I do agree it is a magnificent idea to not only have to pay a weekly insurance fee , as well as not being able to respawn via insurance claim instantly! Just my 2 cents though! 

6 hours ago, Moonblaze said:

I just wanted to express gratitude for your pro-activity here on finding ways to make the community better. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to discuss these changes with you and you actually take in our feedback (even though you don't have to)!!! That's amazing. Can't get that everywhere.

Thank you!!!!!!