Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys 🍎 Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ☃️Snow soon™☃️

Hello All!

Starting June 17th you will be charged 10% of 50% of the vehicle cost, of the vehicle from the dealership.

If the vehicle cost is $100,000, then insurance is $5,000. I believe it's the same number as you pay initially when purchasing insurance.

Grandpa

• Like 5
    • thumbup 1
    • Dislike 4
    • Replies 75
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All! Starting June 17th you will be charged 10% of 50% of the vehicle cost, of the vehicle from the dealership. If the vehicle cost is $100,000, then insurance is $5,000. I believe it's the

I'm fine with insurance charges but maybe like a once a week payment like rent for houses? Drive down to the auto store once a week and make the payment. There are some people, including myself, who s

Is it currently possible to cancel insurance? I’d prefer not carry full coverage on all of my vehicles with the new costs, only my daily drivers. 

Posted Images

Is it true that there is also an hourly cost to owning insurance? It was mentioned on Discord (e-mail).

Edited by chzy
    • Like 1
    16 minutes ago, chzy said:

Is it true that there is also an hourly cost to owning insurance? It was mentioned on Discord (e-mail).

image.png.aec9dee4fe3f51c1582895493ac2f7fb.png

if this is the case, you should probably be giving longer than 5 days notice.. and you should probably allow players to remove insurance from vehicles they dont need insured (super cars that aren't being driven daily), you should fix lockpicking having a 50% failure rate and failing 7 times in a row for an emporer.

• thumbup 1

No, the hourly concept was not thrown out. In real life, you have your monthly payment that you make for car insurance.

However, after further testing, and some discussion, the price has been reduced to 1%, as well as the time increasing to an hour and a half instead of every hour.

3 hours ago, MaZDuR said:

if this is the case, you should probably be giving longer than 5 days notice.. and you should probably allow players to remove insurance from vehicles they dont need insured (super cars that aren't being driven daily), you should fix lockpicking having a 50% failure rate and failing 7 times in a row for an emporer.

Regardless of how much time I give, I always get the short end of the stick. I opted to give a couple days notice on it rather than implementing it immediately. We will be looking into the lockpicking here shortly, just have a large number of tasks on our hands, between bug fixing, glitch issues, and other idea requests.

• Dislike 1

Well I hope with all this, there will also be fixes for vehicle getting impounded or insurance leaving them out so fast. I mean if we are going off real life, cars just don't just disappear after 5 min in a shop or what ever. I wasted 30k on insurance and Impound alone because of this and the tsunami issues in the past. We don't make or get money as it is, and with cop presence rising, you are screwed doing illegal things because you loose more money if you're caught. I mean like really with that and how much it cost to even get vehicles and places, it's pretty ridiculous.

• Like 1
    • thumbup 1

Will this be charging 1% of %50 or the full price? Will this be charging us for our current cars out of the garage or every car we own? Will the charge impact us when we are out of the city?

I'm fine with insurance charges but maybe like a once a week payment like rent for houses? Drive down to the auto store once a week and make the payment. There are some people, including myself, who sometimes are in the city for over 8 hours or longer and you start charging that kinda money every hour then they are going to go broke based on how many cars they have. 

• awesome lollipop 1
    • thumbup 5
    5 hours ago, Steve Warrens said:

Is it currently possible to cancel insurance? I’d prefer not carry full coverage on all of my vehicles with the new costs, only my daily drivers. 

I would also like to opt out of my insurance on several of my vehicles that I don't drive daily. We can cancel insurance at any time outside of the city. Just wondering if you were already planning on adding that feature. 😃

Edited by chzy
    • Like 1
    26 minutes ago, MattyIce69 said:

I'm fine with insurance charges but maybe like a once a week payment like rent for houses? Drive down to the auto store once a week and make the payment. There are some people, including myself, who sometimes are in the city for over 8 hours or longer and you start charging that kinda money every hour then they are going to go broke based on how many cars they have. 

This man knows what’s up. 

27 minutes ago, MattyIce69 said:

I'm REALLY not understanding the hit every hour and a half. I can't translate that into... outside of the city, at all. Need help. Lol.

28 minutes ago, MattyIce69 said:

Completely agree with this makes more sense for it to be similar to house payments and also prevents people who play more but don’t constantly make money from being punished for it. Feel like if this went through how it is all we’d see is an increase in the already insane amount of grinding that goes on.

7 hours ago, Moonblaze said:

No, the hourly concept was not thrown out. In real life, you have your monthly payment that you make for car insurance.

However, after further testing, and some discussion, the price has been reduced to 1%, as well as the time increasing to an hour and a half instead of every hour.

Regardless of how much time I give, I always get the short end of the stick. I opted to give a couple days notice on it rather than implementing it immediately. We will be looking into the lockpicking here shortly, just have a large number of tasks on our hands, between bug fixing, glitch issues, and other idea requests.

Its not realistic to have to pay insurance every few days. So can we drop the reality thing and just be real. You want to clear cars from inactive players and this is the only way. U want to tax the rich, and felt this is the only way. In doing so you are going to kill RP for people who dont have tons of money and or time. They will be forced to not insure/use their car they love or grind money to upkeep the vehicle. I dont disagree with insurance as an idea,but this is too far IMHO. Ill be paying for every car I own multiple times over if I decide to keep them....On top of fees for tsunamis and random impounding this is going to be another expense to keep up with... I understand keeping up with bills IRL but this is become more work than paying my real life bills....

• Thanks 1
    • thumbup 1
    3 hours ago, chzy said:

I'm REALLY not understanding the hit every hour and a half. I can't translate that into... outside of the city, at all. Need help. Lol.

To clarify, It would only occur while you are in city. So if you're out of city, then no money will be taken.

If I go a route similar to that of rent, then it would be needed to pay, regardless of activity in the city or not.

3 hours ago, chzy said:

I would also like to opt out of my insurance on several of my vehicles that I don't drive daily. We can cancel insurance at any time outside of the city. Just wondering if you were already planning on adding that feature. 😃

I don't mind implementing a way to cancel insurance. However, it will take a little longer than that because there is a potential abuse in that system. ( I buy insurance, claim my car, cancel insurance ). Avoids the payments.

Let me see what I can do for that.

Have you considered making insurance a one time deal, where you have to re-purchase every time you use it instead of paying hourly? I feel this may be easier to implement and wouldn't cost everyone a fortune. 

• Thanks 1
    2 minutes ago, Moonblaze said:

I don't mind implementing a way to cancel insurance. However, it will take a little longer than that because there is a potential abuse in that system. ( I buy insurance, claim my car, cancel insurance ). Avoids the payments.

Let me see what I can do for that.

You could just do a check to see if the car is in the insurance. Something like a boolean seeing if it's in there. It doesn't show up there if it's impounded if I'm not mistaken.

I am trying to create a more realistic concept of insurance, to be used in server, comparing to IRL. There are tons of loop holes and issues that I have to work around to try and make it fair for every person.

One issue I am trying to keep at the front of my head while doing this, is the issue of cars despawning. I am still trying to work on finding a fix to this, but nothing successful yet.

4 minutes ago, Karson Killz said:

You could just do a check to see if the car is in the insurance. Something like a boolean seeing if it's in there. It doesn't show up there if it's impounded if I'm not mistaken.

Vehicles officially have 3 different statuses. "Stored", "Missing", and "Impounded". When the status is "Impounded", then the vehicle can be found at the impound lot. If the status is missing, then the vehicle can be claimed from insurance, and obviously if it's stored, It can be found at one of the many garages.

An idea I have, for this, is once purchasing insurance, there will be a wait time on being able to claim it. Not 100% sure how long.

• Like 1
    1 minute ago, Moonblaze said:

I am trying to create a more realistic concept of insurance, to be used in server, comparing to IRL. There are tons of loop holes and issues that I have to work around to try and make it fair for every person.

One issue I am trying to keep at the front of my head while doing this, is the issue of cars despawning. I am still trying to work on finding a fix to this, but nothing successful yet.

Vehicles officially have 3 different statuses. "Stored", "Missing", and "Impounded". When the status is "Impounded", then the vehicle can be found at the impound lot. If the status is missing, then the vehicle can be claimed from insurance, and obviously if it's stored, It can be found at one of the many garages.

An idea I have, for this, is once purchasing insurance, there will be a wait time on being able to claim it. Not 100% sure how long.

I like the idea of making insurance a thing for sure. I just think we would need to be careful on how we implement it. Like you said, cars despawning, heads exploded, etc really would get expensive fast or you may not be even able to claim your car until you wait a certain amount of time.

I think doing hourly fees for insurance also punishes those who are in the city a lot and would turn the server away from actually RPing and people trying to grind money in order to keep their cars. Maybe going to a weekly fee like houses is more realistic. I currently don't have to even pay my car insurance but once a month. Maybe making it like rent for houses is the best way to go.

7 minutes ago, Moonblaze said:

hmm, that does throw a wrench into things with only the three statuses. Think it's possible to add a fourth for being in insurance? I like the idea of a cooldown on it. To stop the abuse of the "Buy>Claim>Sell" you could just make the cooldown after buying the same amount as one interval of the `Over Time` charge, so we at least have to pay it twice, once for the initial buy and the claim, and then another time for having the car insured. Or just make the cooldown of removing the insurance a full day.

Also, on the despawning issue, I think that has to do with the lock script. I started up a test server because I was curious and without the car lock script running I left a car on Chilliad for about three hours straight while I was all over the place doing other things. Might not actually be that script but at least it's a place to start xD

Edited by Karson Killz

I feel like this is really meant to make people only want to drive one main car, I know I'm far from the only person but I have a lot of cars. I like having a collection of cars but I don't want to be charged just for the ability to have the cars I want. Again not sure if I'm the only one who feels exactly this way but it's almost like a punishment for people who want to own multiple cars. I understand that in real life people pay insurance once a month, people also pay rent once a month so how is rent weekly but insurance is just over hourly? I also understand that yes I would have to pay monthly insurance on any cars I own in real life but I don't own 10 cars in real life.

Scrap the in-game time idea.  That just can’t be a thing,  it’s punishing for people who play long hours (as mentioned above).  The 1.5hr time frame is just too frequent.  It’s going to reduce in-game true RP interactions because people (at least people with large garages) will be grinding just to make their insurance payments.  

You mentioned trying to create a level of realism.  So let’s compare to the current real estate system, which we pay rent equal to 1% of gov price every real week. IRL we pay rent or mortgages every month.  So to be somewhat similar,  i would suggest making an insurance premium due every month (could call it a yearly premium in-game).  The same premium that you pay when you originally purchased the vehicle (5%).  The insurance would just expire after 30 days and give a similar warning that rent does.  You don’t lose your cars or anything,  just have to rebuy insurance.  This will allow you to only buy insurance on cars that you use regularly and leave it off other cars until you want it again. 30 days is a long enough frame that you’re going to have to buy insurance on cars you like and drive because you’ll need it.  Also reduces the conflict of disappearing cars and headaches because nothing really changes other than having to rebuy every month. @Moonblaze