Guest The_Vexxer

The Revolver needs to be addressed

The Revolver needs addressed.  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do to make the revolver a balanced weapon?

• Nerf the damage so it's a two hit on bodyshot and instant kill on headshot
    • Remove it completely
    • Make it an illegal weapon that's required to be put together instead of purchased (Like illegal ARs)
    • Do nothing, the gun is fair and balanced as it is.

8 hours ago, cacalac1 said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TsundereSquarePelicanOSfrog   This clip shows what a Revolver does Vs  a Glock.   i hit at least 5 maybe 6 shots compared to his 1 shot. 

I saw this lol.. I think it needs to be removed and I use it myself.

I think the power is a little high. 1 tap on a full health player is hard to accept. and blood showed it was a body shot.. i think a good addition would be to lower its power making it a 2 shot but also adding a small stun to players after getting shot or cracked with a weapon. this would make weapons all equal 

• Like 1

It's sad knowing I will most likely get down voted for having a different opinion from someone else but I will have to agree that nerfing/ getting rid  it would suck. I would be fine with the price getting raised but don't take away my guns. This is America. Yes, it's OP but it takes several seconds to reload and the rest of the pistols fuck ass. Also, we can't carry around a shotgun like PD, so why take the one form of self defense that actually packs a punch  an individual can legally carry?

Having a different view from someone else does not warrant the right to try and smear their "reputation" . If you don't like it, either talk about it like adults or let it go!

1 hour ago, Terps said:

It's sad knowing I will most likely get down voted for having a different opinion from someone else but I will have to agree that nerfing/ getting rid  it would suck. I would be fine with the price getting raised but don't take away my guns. This is America. Yes, it's OP but it takes several seconds to reload and the rest of the pistols fuck ass. Also, we can't carry around a shotgun like PD, so why take the one form of self defense that actually packs a punch  an individual can legally carry?

Having a different view from someone else does not warrant the right to try and smear their "reputation" . If you don't like it, either talk about it like adults or let it go!

I agree with this, it's the only gun that we can legally carry that even packs a punch. We can't go walking around with larger guns but police out here packing AR's on their back.

So, we have gotten tons of complaints about PD and SP rolling around for no good reason with AR's. Well here in NY, in this state, city and the current boros, we do not have cops rolling with AR's. They have 9mm glocks and some actually still have revolvers.  The recent events of civilians complaining about cops with AR's all the time is not realistic. Cops complaining about civilians using revolvers because it seems to be one shot kill. So I went over to PD and asked, what do you wanna do? We either stop the rolling with AR's or we need to change something. They said as long as civs abuse the power of the revolver, they cannot defend against it otherwise. So this gave us 2 options to fix this....

1) Remove the revolver altogether

2) Allow cops to roll with Revolvers as well

The 3rd option adjusting the damage on it, is not really an option.

So we decided to make it fair game and allow cops to roll with it and limit the use of the unrealistic AR's.

Making a revolver illegal is a horrible idea, cops already lock people up for tinted windows, giving them another reason to lock people up, half the community owns a revolver by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • thumbup 2

This is the best option to make both sides happy. Looks like the Police need to brush up on their aim game. ;)

2 hours ago, Crunch said:

Im not even gonna respond to this cause reading it I lost brain cells

I'll try and be as respectful as I can with my response to you......unlike yours to my post. Way to set an example by the way.

1. The cop revolver = MK1, the Civilian revolver = MK2.

2. The cop revolver = 2 shot to kill, slower fire rate, the Civilian revolver = 1 shot to kill, higher fire rate.

This is how it was when some people tested it. Perhaps it has changed since then, but that's how it was when we did not too long ago.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you about this. 

• thumbup 1

7 minutes ago, DAMIEN said:

I'll try and be as respectful as I can with my response to you......unlike yours to my post. Way to set an example by the way.

2. The cop revolver = 2 shot to kill, slower fire rate, the Civilian revolver = 1 shot to kill, higher fire rate.

This is how it was when some people tested it. Perhaps it has changed since then, but that's how it was when we did not too long ago.

studies-have-shown-it-is-known.jpg

• police car 1

26 minutes ago, DAMIEN said:

Ok well if that is the case, have you reported that we have 2 different versions to someone? Cause IF it is the case, it was not intentional. And if someone can confirm one is a MK1 and the other MK2 and damage is different, then a simple change in the model would be done.

But if you think we intentionally gave the PD a less powerful version of it, your highly mistaken.

32 minutes ago, DAMIEN said:

How was this tested out? Did someone willingly let a cop fire rounds into them? Because for accurate testing it would need to be the same place that the person is being shot at with both guns... wonders if that is NVL

Edited by Mitchell Teller

7 minutes ago, Charles Bishop said:

Our scientists over here at NYPD that we keep under the jail have performed extensive studies testing both weapons. Guns were tested against body armor vs non armor. Plain clothes vs officer attire. After all the facts were in and evidence was collected our scientists concluded the study confirming the difference in the weapons. 

Civ Revolver - 1 tap
Cop Revolver - 2 tap

2 Anomalies were found during their study. First anomaly was a bullet fired from a civilian revolver could be stopped by Estaban's thick mustache and sexy accent. Second anomaly was a my chest hair had to ability to soak 25% of full damage dealt from all weapons.

Report findings have been sent to the following for entry:

• Nobel Prize
  • Lasker Awards
  • Wolf Prize
  • Breakthrough Prize
  • Abel Prize

Bishop you are something else

6 minutes ago, Charles Bishop said:

Our scientists over here at NYPD that we keep under the jail have performed extensive studies testing both weapons. Guns were tested against body armor vs non armor. Plain clothes vs officer attire. After all the facts were in and evidence was collected our scientists concluded the study confirming the difference in the weapons. 

Civ Revolver - 1 tap
Cop Revolver - 2 tap

2 Anomalies were found during their study. First anomaly was a bullet fired from a civilian revolver could be stopped by Estaban's thick mustache and sexy accent. Second anomaly was a my chest hair had to ability to soak 25% of full damage dealt from all weapons.

Report findings have been sent to the following for entry:

• Nobel Prize
  • Lasker Awards
  • Wolf Prize
  • Breakthrough Prize
  • Abel Prize

Was just notified that changes have been made since our report was filed. Our scientists will examine new claims and evidence and release an official statement once all tests have been concluded. This may take a while as we sometimes forget to feed them.

• Like 1

Can I also mention that most of the time PD/SP cannot use the revolver as,

1) We can only get it when we get on duty as it is not in the armory.

2) If you change anything regarding your outfits, (which as SP I do a lot as it defaults to a different skin/colour for my clothing), meaning that I lose it everytime. 

If these could be address then it would be fair IMO, but as it is now, have the 'limited' access to them is not balanced. As me getting the revolver after changing my outfit is about the same chance as me marrying Crunch 😂

Just wanted to add my 2 cents and hopefully fix this issue, haven't had the time recently to fill out a support ticket, but will when back from camping!

1 minute ago, Zayn Mylo said:

Can I also mention that most of the time PD/SP cannot use the revolver as,

1) We can only get it when we get on duty as it is not in the armory.

2) If you change anything regarding your outfits, (which as SP I do a lot as it defaults to a different skin/colour for my clothing), meaning that I lose it everytime. 

If these could be address then it would be fair IMO, but as it is now, have the 'limited' access to them is not balanced. As me getting the revolver after changing my outfit is about the same chance as me marrying Crunch 😂

Just wanted to add my 2 cents and hopefully fix this issue, haven't had the time recently to fill out a support ticket, but will when back from camping!

Our scientists here at the NYPD have also tested this. Our official fix / workaround for the above issue is that after you change your outfit / appearance you must clock off duty and back on. Once you have punched your ticket back on duty your revolver side arm will be reissued.
Scientific_monkey.jpg

(Actual footage of our team hard at work)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Paul Carter said:

Instead of giving the Police the MK2 (1 shot) why not replace the current civilian style with the MK1 (2 shot).  Of course people own the other one but surely there’s a way to remove it from everyone’s inv and/or replace it with the MK1.

I agree with this idea, Paul astute as always.

• thumbup 1

I'm probably coming in here very late, however, FiveM does not support streaming Weapon.meta files (those which handle the damage, rate of fire, and all that jazz for any weapons). If they did, there could be many interesting development ideas that would come from it, such as beanbag shotguns, but unfortunately, it's not possible. There is a native function that allows you to change the damage model for ALL weapons, which has been adjusted in the past, however, it simply makes guns such as the glock and normal pistol extremely unpowerful, while the higher damage weapons, such as the aforementioned revolver, stay the same. Basically, the native function is really fucking wonky and doesn't work right and is near impossible to get a realistic balance between all weapons. The revolver has unfortunately been yet another casualty to FiveM mechanics...

• thumbup 1