Mario Mario

Drug shit is dead

4 hours ago, arc said:
6 hours ago, SizzleDaSausage said:

I have only been in the server 6 days, having a blast just trying to get some new ideas flowing. I believe, we, as a community need to look at the jobs with a global server view and see how they can interact with all occupations and areas of the server.

keep the ideas flowing man, constructive thinking is gold here. I'm not following on that last sentence but intrigued, what do you mean?

What I mean is looking at new ideas or jobs that not only affect one discipline, but multiple or all areas of the game. Adding a drug enforcement branch that has the ability to sniff out the distribution locations affects the police and the criminals. Closing down said spot or distributor will hurt the dealers.

Maybe expand the way a dealer can sell the drugs. Can sell to a club or bar that someone owns, increasing the bar owners income for xtime, but if found out by police can cause the owner to be under investigation. (I don't know how property management/income works...) But just ideas how one change can and should affect other aspects of the game. 

5 hours ago, arc said:

I like what you're getting at, it creates a good dynamic when there's a guy you have to go see to get drugs to sell. 

Introducing this new system with certain people in charge of drug distribution, forces the situation that you are describing in the quote above, where people have to go to a person instead of a place where they press a button (aka forces rp outta grind). & It forces it all the time instead of just when there is a drought. The weakness in this system is distributor availability. And that's what Crunch is addressing now with the boroughs. 

I like this distributor idea as well, but I believe this is the whole other side of the spectrum (and I believe even if a sole person is a distributor on a server, you think sh**lords wont sell him out for a quick buck, just like they do already?) This is why we need police involved shutting these down aka a War on Drugs. 

I would like a nice middle ground of here is the location of the raw materials like you have now, here is the processing center. go get it processed (for $$, not free) like it is in place now. but if police find this location they can shut it down.

Instead of spamming E muscles, maybe a menu where you can buy x amount and have to wait specific time based on amount bought, for processing and packaging. then once packaged, manually move the items into the vehicle for transporting.

Large orders make for more people needed for the operation increasing RP (hiring mules and entry level jobs into a drug Org), potential drug busts from DEA lurking about. The opportunities of interaction with all players is endless, we just have to think outside the box. 

• awesome lollipop 1

i like the idea of keeping certain drugs in certain boros, only setback would be queue times. no one is gonna run coke then exit and wait in another queue to run meth. and whatever drug sells for more is what people are going to flock to. so if meth sells for the most and its on server 1, more people will want to go to server 1.

Until meth gets a distributor across all servers it’s gonna be quite difficult to get any rp interaction or get the drugs, the queue times last night to get in the server that the distributor was in was couple hours wait because everyone is trying to join same server to deal with this person. This change can’t come fast enough haha :)

• Like 1
  • thumbup 1

The idea of renaming each server to a borough is amazing. And @Crunch Long Island isn't one but with the amount of players in the city, it can be a thing. Spreading out the control of drugs to each borough could also create a lot more decent rp. I get asked a lot about drugs, but i have 0 contacts when said individuals are not in the city i'm in, and the one they are in has a massive queue. 

• Like 2
  • thumbup 1

So some smart ass thought it was a good idea to share the locations of the drugs and post those publicly.. You must be an idiot. This is the EXACT reason why drugs will be set up as they are. On top of that, the logs and data never lie, just as you think you got away with something... https://gyazo.com/e88c26b5bd94a714b1ec23a1bc5c76f4

On 3/18/2019 at 5:45 PM, Crunch said:

@Crazycuba First off my dude, we do listen, but are we supposed to do what you want instantly? Because you don't like it, does not mean it don't work.

Adjustments are made when they are delivered the right way. Its the very people that sit at the park trying to sell drug locations that have caused us to think outside the box. Call it what you want, but using Tony as a model to see how and what will work best to set something like this up right.   The issue I see is having more then 1 server. So here is what I would purpose. Its just a suggestion.

With the influx of new people and VERY long ques...

Renaming the servers as areas. This will work great as well with the future of cross server communication like texts, emails, maybe calls, calls probably not lol, but messaging is possible.

server 1 30150 Known as Manhattan
server 2 30151 Known as Brooklyn
server 3 30141 Known as Queens
server 4 30142 Known as The Bronx
server 5 30152 Known as Staten Island
server 6 30153 Known as Long Island

Each drug per server would be able to be controlled by a specific group/person.
ie. Tony runs Meth, altho great idea if we had only 1 server, we dont.
So if Tony is on Server 1 ( Manhattan ) no one in the other servers can buy Meth.

But, if we make it server specific (one of the 5 boro's) Tony can run Meth in Manhattan,
while someone else is controlling it in a different boro (server).

We can do this with just some of the hard drugs like (Meth & Coke) Leaving Weed, ecstacy 
and also adding back moonshine public.

This will help spread RP across all servers, well boros lol.
Keeping everything in RP.

ie." Hey this is Tony over in Manhattan, Im gonna send one of my guys over to Brooklyn to pick up some coke from the Johnson boys.."

No one on server 1 (Manhattan to sell coke atm, but someone in Brooklyn is)   Just an example, dont shoot me.

And I know I know, Long Island is not a Boro blah blah.. I needed 6 examples!

The idea is okay, but who is going to control it, what are their timezones? Can people from Europe even RP with them to actually buy drugs from them? How is this going to be handled?

20 minutes ago, Crunch said:

So some smart ass thought it was a good idea to share the locations of the drugs and post those publicly.. You must be an idiot. This is the EXACT reason why drugs will be set up as they are. On top of that, the logs and data never lie, just as you think you got away with something... https://gyazo.com/e88c26b5bd94a714b1ec23a1bc5c76f4

What a freaking tool. Away with you sir. 

Got that ban🔨

On 3/18/2019 at 9:45 AM, Crunch said:

@Crazycuba First off my dude, we do listen, but are we supposed to do what you want instantly? Because you don't like it, does not mean it don't work.

Adjustments are made when they are delivered the right way. Its the very people that sit at the park trying to sell drug locations that have caused us to think outside the box. Call it what you want, but using Tony as a model to see how and what will work best to set something like this up right.   The issue I see is having more then 1 server. So here is what I would purpose. Its just a suggestion.

With the influx of new people and VERY long ques...

Renaming the servers as areas. This will work great as well with the future of cross server communication like texts, emails, maybe calls, calls probably not lol, but messaging is possible.

server 1 30150 Known as Manhattan
server 2 30151 Known as Brooklyn
server 3 30141 Known as Queens
server 4 30142 Known as The Bronx
server 5 30152 Known as Staten Island
server 6 30153 Known as Long Island

Each drug per server would be able to be controlled by a specific group/person.
ie. Tony runs Meth, altho great idea if we had only 1 server, we dont.
So if Tony is on Server 1 ( Manhattan ) no one in the other servers can buy Meth.

But, if we make it server specific (one of the 5 boro's) Tony can run Meth in Manhattan,
while someone else is controlling it in a different boro (server).

We can do this with just some of the hard drugs like (Meth & Coke) Leaving Weed, ecstacy 
and also adding back moonshine public.

This will help spread RP across all servers, well boros lol.
Keeping everything in RP.

ie." Hey this is Tony over in Manhattan, Im gonna send one of my guys over to Brooklyn to pick up some coke from the Johnson boys.."

No one on server 1 (Manhattan to sell coke atm, but someone in Brooklyn is)   Just an example, dont shoot me.

And I know I know, Long Island is not a Boro blah blah.. I needed 6 examples!

This is an excellent idea with just a few needed tweaks that I think you guys will figure out since you're already on the right path.

I would like to suggest one thing that will make this go much more smoothly for all players. Give players queue priority when they decide to visit other boroughs.

Ex: John is in Brooklyn trying to make connections and finds out Coke is sold in Manhattan. John leaves server and queues up for Manhattan with priority (1st in line). He gives up his spot in Brooklyn for another player and will not be penalized for visiting different boroughs on his journey to get what he needs.

can we get a TLDR pasted here. Also since there isn't one, anyone currently looking to get INTO the drug scene well..Avoid it for now i guess, because as stated previously You will only make 200$ MAX per transaction. So if you dump 30k into weed, you might walk away with...ya not worth it just spend the hour trucking boys

So should i spend anymore time driving about walking into non intractable doors throughout the city? Is the scavenge hunt closed? WEED collection/process is the only drug available to everyone at the moment correct?

Edited by i_am_cherry

My idea for drugs is having to own a house and then buy a lab (or build one through scavenging) then you can set up a lab and make your own drugs, having a daily limit for how many you can make.

If going for the paid lab route I think it should cost around 1kk + house. If moderators think there's already too many people with that kind of money make it so you have to scavenge the parts like guns, or possibly steal from ghetto homes and get the parts that way. 

Another thing is we could have the labs make the ingredients and not the product itself, meaning you would need contacts with other people who have other ingredients to make the complete drugs. This would make it so you have to do some RP every time you want some ingredients.

I'm thinking have this done to one of the drugs and see how it works out.

Edited by dannyDS
  • thumbup 3

The thing is If the kingpins are smart they will have several trusted distributors that they will give the product to so they can funnel it out into the city. The kingpin doesn't necessarily need to be on for you to get your stuff, He just has to stock up a few distributors with enough product to last until they resupply them. This is a very delicate system though cause if The kingpins aren't careful about keeping the location secret then it gets leaked and we are back to everyone trying to sell locations. Make connections, be smart and work your way up the ladder if you want to run the heavy stuff. Kingpins don't need to run around announcing they are the top dog for whatever drug all that does is open the door for them to be hounded about the location or buyers wanting to buy from the source. Then we end up in the same situation we are now with how everyone is chomping at the bit to get in with tony.

• Like 1
  • thumbup 1

any good distributor should have set prices and a specific borough they sell to. they would have trusted 1-2-3 people they sell to and that's that. unfortunately the distributors have a minimum price they sell for. any lower and they will suffer the consequences from the main guy. if youre selling for what youre buying it for, and not making money on it, youre adding to the reason the market is flooded and people undercutting.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:48 AM, TheFrostyIV said:

The thing is If the kingpins are smart they will have several trusted distributors that they will give the product to so they can funnel it out into the city. The kingpin doesn't necessarily need to be on for you to get your stuff, He just has to stock up a few distributors with enough product to last until they resupply them. This is a very delicate system though cause if The kingpins aren't careful about keeping the location secret then it gets leaked and we are back to everyone trying to sell locations. Make connections, be smart and work your way up the ladder if you want to run the heavy stuff. Kingpins don't need to run around announcing they are the top dog for whatever drug all that does is open the door for them to be hounded about the location or buyers wanting to buy from the source. Then we end up in the same situation we are now with how everyone is chomping at the bit to get in with tony.

This is what I have done. I don't/can't generally get ahold of Tony for crystal so I have created a pretty mass amount of regular meth. I don't make it to where only I am on can anything get sold. All of my guys are street distributors and we use a channel to communicate through that if you have met us, RP'ed with us, and bought from us you get access to. I have sent in a request for me to be able to get access to that for Brooklyn as the only time we can get it in Brooklyn is if there is someone from another burro that just happens to swing by. As for now, the network I have created other drugs and guns is working quite well, so I imagine once everything gets sorted out the network we have built will grow quite quickly.