Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys 🍎 Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ☃️Snow soon™☃️
  • Whitelist Development

• Replies 71
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is where I am going to keep track of my progress on creating our whitelist economy, and server setup. Housing Properties Purchasable & Sellable Enterable & Leavable ( Insta

Just to provide an update on the on-going development of the white list server, I ended up reaching the decision to rewrite our entire framework that we used. Our old framework was a framework that wa

Suggestion: All players that have more than 30 hours of logged gametime in the public server in the past month get whitelisted automatically. Make all Servers whitelisted but 1 public. BAN SHITLORDS F

17 hours ago, Moonblaze said:

Just to provide an update on the on-going development of the white list server, I ended up reaching the decision to rewrite our entire framework that we used. Our old framework was a framework that was written by an old developer that developed here, named Frazzle. He released some of the server files awhile back on the FiveM forums and his GitHub. Since then, other people have gotten their hands on the framework, and are using it on their own servers. Instead of making different attempts to integrate different ideas to try and make them work with our current framework, such as things like different phone numbers for different characters, or interiors for each individual home, that is when I decided to rewrite our entire framework.

I have successfully written a major part of it, now having a working base framework, of loading data, saving data, working administration system, and a login system that allows for more characters then the restricted 3 we have now.

I am now just finishing off tying the odds and ends of the administration system, to make sure everything is functioning and functioning properly.
    From there, I will be rewriting the phone system, to better allow for connections with the different phone numbers per character, as well as integrating a twitter system into the phone, and integrating and improving the current "dark web" system that currently exists but has existing bugs in it.

After creating the phone system, I will be rewriting the Ammunation, Clothing, Jail System, Garages, Vehicle Store, Item Stores, and Inventory system. While this may look like a lot of accomplish, I don't expect it will take too long to write, however I will still continue to post updates here as I move along in the progress.

@Alex_Roth

If we allowed every one an "equal" chance to connect to the server just as we do the public server, then it simply wouldn't be a white listed server. The white listed server is not for everyone. Just because we release a white list server, does not require you to play there. We do plan on continuing efforts in our public servers, where we deem appropriate. To begin with, yes it will be staff that determines who the "worthy" role players may be. However, once we get a good active community playing in the white list server, I would have intentions of them inviting people, who they would deem worthy as well. The primary purpose of having the white listed server, is to have a place, where players can confidently move away from potentially coming across players who are not here to role play, but rather here to cause mayhem. This "deeming worthiness" is something that you will find in 99% of any "white listed" places.

Appreciate all the hard work you put into the community 👌

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

Can someone explain a TLDR version of whitelist?

If whitelist sole intention is to filter OUT people, than isn't it easier and less hassle and man work to just allow people to play and ban when theres a problem. If the community is active having admins online and able to handle problems across X servers seems like a much more.....practical way about going about it. 

EDIT read the long post regarding this... still didn't answer the main question of whats really easier to police.. 

Edited by i_am_cherry

I think the purpose is to prevent rather than fight bad RP. In WL you can provide serious (and good) role players a platform where every single person you come across has a microphone, doesn't RDM you and has original RP overall.

• thumbup 1
    • 3 weeks later...

Very excited for this! My only concern is that the majority good Roleplayers will migrate to the white list. Leaving the overall state of the normal servers with less unique players. This isn't a huge problem as long as Admins continue to filter out trolls.

Edited by Wizwiki
    6 hours ago, Wizwiki said:

Very excited for this! My only concern is that the majority good Roleplayers will migrate to the white list. Leaving the overall state of the normal servers with less unique players. This isn't a huge problem as long as Admins continue to filter out trolls.

The public boroughs are filled with quality role players from the white list most of the day, its only a few hours in the evenings that WL is super populated. I know myself I play in manhattan most of the day and spend a little time in the whitelist at night. i wouldnt worry about it to much!

• Like 1
    • 2 weeks later...

Does staff play across all of the cities interacting with people? Just curious. I’m not fishing for it like that... I assume I’ve probably interacted with staff and never even noticed it lol 

• *Senior Management
    10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Does staff play across all of the cities interacting with people? Just curious. I’m not fishing for it like that... I assume I’ve probably interacted with staff and never even noticed it lol 

We don't have an Admin uniform even though @Lead Secretary Justine keeps trying to get us to wear one. You have probably been in the presence of an admin/staff member quite a bit, you shouldn't really know we are around if we do our jobs correctly. 

-Ralph Morris

• Thanks 2
    Guest The_Vexxer

From the time I've spent on any of the servers. You will not know who they are until you're around a rulebreaker or you're breaking a rule.
    They're like sleeper agents, I swear.

It's really cool if you think about it.

15 hours ago, Ralph Morris said:

We don't have an Admin uniform even though @Lead Secretary Justine keeps trying to get us to wear one. You have probably been in the presence of an admin/staff member quite a bit, you shouldn't really know we are around if we do our jobs correctly. 

-Ralph Morris

I agree with that 100%. Then everyone would go all out and yadayada or stop breaking the rules.

I agree with the admin uniforms but only if actively doing admin things. In arma we used the color VR suits and we were invis most of the time but if we had to take care of something in game we would put on the admin suit and handle it then poof away and vanish as a civ again. not a bad idea if used correctly

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    22 minutes ago, AyyItsOmar said:

Would be lit to see the player interactions and home invasions on public servers..

The general thought is, these items would cause to much abuse. I think it would be awesome to treat public servers the same as whitelist but I am starting to see more and more abuse everyday that I am beginning to understand why that can't be. 

• Like 1
    • 2 weeks later...
    On 6/10/2019 at 6:40 PM, Steve Warrens said:

The general thought is, these items would cause to much abuse. I think it would be awesome to treat public servers the same as whitelist but I am starting to see more and more abuse everyday that I am beginning to understand why that can't be. 

I see the concern, but TFRP released a public server the same as their whitelist server and it was great. This community has some of the most active admins around that filter through the garbage rather quickly. Make it to where handcuffs are not easily accessible to new players(similar to other items around in the server). Make it to where houses are only able to be broken into at night. The problem with the current system is it actually gives the asshat all the cards. Right now the way it is. Asshat walks up to me holds me at gunpoint, robs me for X,Y, and Z, and I give it up because I value my life. The instant he leaves I call my boys and they catch him moments later. They attempt to rob same asshat for X,Y, and Z back and low and behold asshat either sold it, doesnt have it, gave it away, banked it ect...or just flat out doesn't value his/her life. So what does everyone say? "Go into TS and report it" WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT FOR EVERY LITTLE THING. Allow us as players and police to solve our own issues. For instance...they have the ability to actually rob inventory ect...on the server. Same exact thing happens, except this time when my boys catch up to him he has no choice...they can either rob him, or kill him and get back what he stole...no reason to get into TS...player solved issue. By allowing players a little freedom you would be surprised at the amount of RP interaction it creates. You think  you are going to a gun or drug deal solo now? Hell no...you call up everyone you know and trust to have your back to ensure everything goes smoothly. The value of like and RP created actually increases...why? Because when someone can just rob you, you have to create a scenario and a reason and convince them not to, or do so well they dont take everything. With the ability to rob, it will make the bank actually mean something. Players will carry alot less of value around with them on the day to day. Don't get me wrong, I see the downside...but the upside can be equally as great...especially with an active admin community that can filter out the bad apples in a matter of minutes.

• thumbup 3