Moonblaze

Whitelist Development

This is where I am going to keep track of my progress on creating our whitelist economy, and server setup.

Housing Properties

• Purchasable & Sellable
  • Enterable & Leavable ( Instance Based, Allowing multiple properties to use a single interior )
  • Money Storage
  • Item Storage
  • Weapon Storage
  • Property Fee System w/ Automatic Failure to Pay removal
  • Friend Based System w/ Multiple Permission Levels
  • Ability to Save Clothing
  • Ability to Store Vehicles

Business Properties - Rewritten to allocate the appropriate capabilities for a more economical based server. ( IE: No more infinite items from 24/7's, etc )

• Purchasable & Sellable
  • Money Storage
  • Item Storage
  • Weapon Storage
  • Property Fee System w/ Automatic Failure to Pay removal
  • Friend Based System w/ Multiple Permission Levels
  • Ability to Store Vehicles

Legal Jobs

• Winemaker Job - Used to create items such as Wine & Grapes
  • Brewer Job - Used to create items such as Beer - Combining with the Farming Job.
  • Farming Job - Used to create items such as Beer, Bread
  • Hunting Job - Used to obtain Fresh Meat, to be used for the making of Burgers and other meat-based products.
  • Mining Job - Used to create items for mechanics, repair kits, etc.

Illegal Jobs - These will continue to be sellable to local civilians, but will also have an on-use effect unique to the drug.

• Cocaine - 
  • Weed - 
  • Meth - 
  • Ecstasy - 

My intention with this is, to force a full economy reset for the white list server. I will be running a promotion, to "Take a Loan" for the first few weeks of the server being accessible, to allow for people to purchase businesses.

Maybe more to come, this is what I can think of as of right now.

HUD - 

• General cleanup and minimalistic design. 
  • Remove health and hunger bars. Add notifications.

Other (ideas) - 

• Add props to eating/drinking.
  • Add suspendable driver's licences. 
  • Separate phone numbers.
  • Separate twitter from the chat box. 
  • Evidence system. 
  • Player Interactions. Zip ties, dragging, robbing, etc.
  • Default payment option - bank/cash.
  • Jailbreak.
  • Home invasions.
  • Handling - more realistice. Grip, braking, acceleration.

UPDATE 3/15

Just to provide an update on the on-going development of the white list server, I ended up reaching the decision to rewrite our entire framework that we used. Our old framework was a framework that was written by an old developer that developed here, named Frazzle. He released some of the server files awhile back on the FiveM forums and his GitHub. Since then, other people have gotten their hands on the framework, and are using it on their own servers. Instead of making different attempts to integrate different ideas to try and make them work with our current framework, such as things like different phone numbers for different characters, or interiors for each individual home, that is when I decided to rewrite our entire framework.

I have successfully written a major part of it, now having a working base framework, of loading data, saving data, working administration system, and a login system that allows for more characters then the restricted 3 we have now.

I am now just finishing off tying the odds and ends of the administration system, to make sure everything is functioning and functioning properly.
From there, I will be rewriting the phone system, to better allow for connections with the different phone numbers per character, as well as integrating a twitter system into the phone, and integrating and improving the current "dark web" system that currently exists but has existing bugs in it.

After creating the phone system, I will be rewriting the Ammunation, Clothing, Jail System, Garages, Vehicle Store, Item Stores, and Inventory system. While this may look like a lot of accomplish, I don't expect it will take too long to write, however I will still continue to post updates here as I move along in the progress.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • awesome lollipop 2
  • thumbup 6

I am curious how this will affect the police forces and civilian behaviour.  If we have a migration of most of the police officers (who offer the most substantive roleplay most of the time), along with a vast number of good role players, I do hope there’s a plan being formulated to help retain stability on the main servers.

if they simply turn into a poaching ground for the WL server, you’re going to have a lot of good intentioned people feeling excluded. 

I like the idea of consistenly offering people on the public servers invitations to the WL, and as a temporary punishment to more annoying violations of role play immersion (200mph curb hopping in a heavily pedestrianized area in your weaponizer drug mule car for example, we’d see those people tossed back to main till invited again). This way everyone has an opportunity to offer their contribution to WL RP. Either way, take care of the main servers. People love it cause it’s policed, administered and cared for.

Edited by Vasily

The public servers in my eye will never be abandoned. The plan would be to continue to grow the PD and EMS departments consistently, to help cover all servers that are active. The same reason we continue to grow the staff team as needed to cover the live servers, the goal is to have an even keel across the public's from Staff, PD, EMS and players alike. As we move those players, Staff and departments into the WL, we use the "Next man up" attitude to continue on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • thumbup 1

This sounds like all kinds of bad.  The staff will "pick" worthy RP'rs to leave the public server to be on some whitelisted server?? As a RP'r why would someone want to start any engaging and interesting storylines on one server just to ditch all of that and start over on a new server IF they are deemed worthy? Yah, no thanks.

I would rather access to any whitelist server be like any normal and sane server where everyone has an EQUAL chance of being apart of it. I could be wrong, but this whitelist server here sounds like it reeks of elitist snobbery. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows but I kind of hope I am since the public server seems pretty decent so far. If not, it's no skin off my nose and will save me some time in the long run.

Just to provide an update on the on-going development of the white list server, I ended up reaching the decision to rewrite our entire framework that we used. Our old framework was a framework that was written by an old developer that developed here, named Frazzle. He released some of the server files awhile back on the FiveM forums and his GitHub. Since then, other people have gotten their hands on the framework, and are using it on their own servers. Instead of making different attempts to integrate different ideas to try and make them work with our current framework, such as things like different phone numbers for different characters, or interiors for each individual home, that is when I decided to rewrite our entire framework.

I have successfully written a major part of it, now having a working base framework, of loading data, saving data, working administration system, and a login system that allows for more characters then the restricted 3 we have now.

I am now just finishing off tying the odds and ends of the administration system, to make sure everything is functioning and functioning properly.
From there, I will be rewriting the phone system, to better allow for connections with the different phone numbers per character, as well as integrating a twitter system into the phone, and integrating and improving the current "dark web" system that currently exists but has existing bugs in it.

After creating the phone system, I will be rewriting the Ammunation, Clothing, Jail System, Garages, Vehicle Store, Item Stores, and Inventory system. While this may look like a lot of accomplish, I don't expect it will take too long to write, however I will still continue to post updates here as I move along in the progress.

@Alex_Roth

If we allowed every one an "equal" chance to connect to the server just as we do the public server, then it simply wouldn't be a white listed server. The white listed server is not for everyone. Just because we release a white list server, does not require you to play there. We do plan on continuing efforts in our public servers, where we deem appropriate. To begin with, yes it will be staff that determines who the "worthy" role players may be. However, once we get a good active community playing in the white list server, I would have intentions of them inviting people, who they would deem worthy as well. The primary purpose of having the white listed server, is to have a place, where players can confidently move away from potentially coming across players who are not here to role play, but rather here to cause mayhem. This "deeming worthiness" is something that you will find in 99% of any "white listed" places.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • thumbup 6

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.