Jump to content

Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys 🍎 Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ☃️Snow soon™☃️
  • Vehicle Balancing.


    JGabanna
     Share

    Recommended Posts

    I havent been able to test the car that much myself but from my experience the Mercedez AMG C32 is just way to fast right now. with it being tuned i believe it goes way over 220mph (correct me if im wrong) and i've witnessed to many crims just abuse its speed. EXAMPLE send it up the highway after a 1 minute interaction on a traffic stop. and if you're not in a speed unit, you stand no chance.
    Im open for discussions. but please have this vehicle looked at. its simply just owerpowered.

    • thumbup 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 9/16/2022 at 1:57 PM, JGabanna said:

    if you're not in a speed unit, you stand no chance.

    I will have to disagree, even if you are in a speed unit or a helicopter you still stand no chance. I personally think any vehicle shouldn't be able go above 180mph. Or PD should get helicopters that will be able to keep up. Another addition that I feel like would make it more balanced with vehicles and encourage people to just drive better instead of highway blasting an addition of a PD place that would be able to be deployed above highways and main roads outside of the city in order to keep up with vehicles that outperform PD ground units.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    11 hours ago, hottie said:

    I will have to disagree, even if you are in a speed unit or a helicopter you still stand no chance. I personally think any vehicle shouldn't be able go above 180mph. Or PD should get helicopters that will be able to keep up. Another addition that I feel like would make it more balanced with vehicles and encourage people to just drive better instead of highway blasting an addition of a PD place that would be able to be deployed above highways and main roads outside of the city in order to keep up with vehicles that outperform PD ground units.

    pd heli's can do 160-200 but when you go higher theres less air which slows you down 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • *Owner

    In the last meeting we talked about balance, yes some cars are just extremely too fast while others that should be faster, are extremely slow for what they are.

    So hoping at some point soon an easy solution will be a type of governor enabled and I will explain why.....
    When we add cars, they are tested stock and then with simple upgrades like engine and such. We don't test with a tuner chip because its based on users experience.
    Unfortunately ways exist to manipulate the ratios and settings to make certain cars fast as shit (not our intention at all)
    We feel the best way to combat this is installing a governor system, so regardless if a car tuned normally can get to 180-200, someone capable and experienced with manipulating its speed based on the tune, still wont be able to get the car faster then the speed its limited or intended to.

    No matter what car it is in game, if its exceeding those speeds? It was never supposed to be that fast.
    If we had a list of cars that were able to break these speeds or cars that should be doing these speeds, simply provide it here or to me, staff and we will see to it this gets done quickly.
     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Another suggestion I would like to add is to sort/tune cars into categories based on price and or real life performance. The categories would be X, S+, S, A+, A, B, C, D and the vehicles combination of accelerating, speed, braking, handling, and other factors would determine what category the car would be in

     

    X Class: This would be the main category for the very very few cars that would not fit in the below categories like the bugatti

    S+ Class: This would be the main category for the high end super cars ferrari f40, lamborghini aventador, etc
    S Class: This would be the main category for the faster end of sports cars and the majority of super cars like most ferraris, tempesta, etc

    A+ Class: This would be the main category for the majority of sports cars, cars like the comet custom, C7 corvette, etc

    A Class: This would be the main category for the entry level sports cars, stuff like buffalo stx, base charger, comet 3, etc

    B Class: This would be the main category for the majority of sedans, coupes, hatchbacks, etc all the average city cars like camrys, buffalos, etc

    C Class: This would be the main category for vans, trucks, and suvs excluding sport/high end trucks, vans, and suvs

    D Class: These would be the lowest category including everything from tractors to the slower end of trucks & vans

     

    The list above is based on how I would sort them not how they are currently since atm I would put the bugatti as an A+ and the comet custom as an X. 

    If Crunch, Jake, or any other of you important people are reading this feel free to dm me I am happy to help with this since I know it would be a huge task and will easily take a month or two even with a group of people all working on it.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    7 hours ago, Crunch said:

    In the last meeting we talked about balance, yes some cars are just extremely too fast while others that should be faster, are extremely slow for what they are.

    So hoping at some point soon an easy solution will be a type of governor enabled and I will explain why.....
    When we add cars, they are tested stock and then with simple upgrades like engine and such. We don't test with a tuner chip because its based on users experience.
    Unfortunately ways exist to manipulate the ratios and settings to make certain cars fast as shit (not our intention at all)
    We feel the best way to combat this is installing a governor system, so regardless if a car tuned normally can get to 180-200, someone capable and experienced with manipulating its speed based on the tune, still wont be able to get the car faster then the speed its limited or intended to.

    No matter what car it is in game, if its exceeding those speeds? It was never supposed to be that fast.
    If we had a list of cars that were able to break these speeds or cars that should be doing these speeds, simply provide it here or to me, staff and we will see to it this gets done quickly.
     

    I'll fix the cars, I gotcha

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.