Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys 🍎 Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ☃️Snow soon™☃️
  • Dev Updates!

Gonk Cortes

So there's a whole forum section dedicated to dev updates.  Looks like it hasn't been used in a long time, though.  I think the management team should start using it again!  IMO transparency from management makes for a happier community.  I understand that you can't make everyone happy, but it's always nice to know what's coming up down the road!

The owners and devs here have always been so secretive and held every project so close to the chest.  Not everything has to be a surprise reveal!  It's nice for the community to have things to look forward to!  Not just "we're working on something big..."  We hear that all the time, and frankly it get's kind of old.  Talk to us, communicate, and show us what kind of cool stuff you guys are doing.  We know you're putting in the work, just give us a sneak peak behind the curtain once in a while.

I'm not saying "tell us every little thing you are working on!"  But maybe you could just kind of give us the broad strokes.  The general idea of things that are being looked at, and tweaked.  They aren't open for discussion.  I know for me, and the group of people that I tend to play games with, we really appreciate seeing that kind of thing from the communities we are in, and the development teams that manage them.  It makes us feel more involved in the process and actually part of the community to know what's coming up.

image.png.38acaf8fd0466407d8206464fdceaba6.png

• Like 2
    • thumbup 6

• *Senior Management

I would love to make some sort of a roadmap for sure, because exactly as you said "Transparency makes a happier community" 

But to be completely honest, we sometimes start projects and it becomes many more issues then before, and we wouldnt want to keep teasing some things that we are working on that might not ever make it to live.

Like for example, I could tell you that the devs have been working on an entirely new inventory system for about 2 months now, but then I'd blue balls you and say it doesnt work and it wont be coming.

And its also hard to give updates on something when someones on a break for a few weeks. Then its "Well nothing is getting done! you promised us!"

Some of the things that get implemented, is something we find last minute, test for a day or two, and go live with it.

Some things take a few weeks, some a few months.

I would rather keep it the way it is, and provide surprises with updates then let people down because something we wanted to bring in, didnt work. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dino said:

I would love to make some sort of a roadmap for sure, because exactly as you said "Transparency makes a happier community" 

But to be completely honest, we sometimes start projects and it becomes many more issues then before, and we wouldnt want to keep teasing some things that we are working on that might not ever make it to live.

Like for example, I could tell you that the devs have been working on an entirely new inventory system for about 2 months now, but then I'd blue balls you and say it doesnt work and it wont be coming.

And its also hard to give updates on something when someones on a break for a few weeks. Then its "Well nothing is getting done! you promised us!"

Some of the things that get implemented, is something we find last minute, test for a day or two, and go live with it.

Some things take a few weeks, some a few months.

I would rather keep it the way it is, and provide surprises with updates then let people down because something we wanted to bring in, didnt work. 

Fantastic insight!  Thanks for sharing that with us.  Even just things like this help the community understand the development process!  

This helped me to see it from the management side though.  Thank you!

People "in the know" (admins) understand things are being worked on and to just wait.

The average person doesn't know this, they have little to anticipate.

Any transparency is helpful, if something larger is being worked on and it shouldn't be disclosed, then that's fine.

I'm sure people are still hoping for another community meeting. these should happen every 2-3 months.

+1 for more community interaction

I don't think that the devs necessarally need to post what they are working on however I think it would be good for the community and people thinking of playing on the server if they started to post what they have updated again. People like seeing consistent updates.

Since I started they have added a lot of things however there is no update notes of their changes.

• *Senior Management
    5 hours ago, Reducto said:

People "in the know" (admins) understand things are being worked on and to just wait.

The average person doesn't know this, they have little to anticipate.

Truthfully, unless we happen to be around during the conversation of something being worked on, we also dont know. So a lot of the time we find out when everyone else does.

21 minutes ago, Dino said:

Truthfully, unless we happen to be around during the conversation of something being worked on, we also dont know. So a lot of the time we find out when everyone else does.

When is the next meeting ?

• 2 weeks later...
    On 4/5/2022 at 7:32 PM, Dino said:

Is this a true example? like i heard some rumors about a new inventory,but does it not work?  i would love to be able to tap my 4 button to pop a sprunk instead of opening and dragging to use.

• *Senior Management
    On 4/14/2022 at 6:52 PM, JGabanna said:

Is this a true example? like i heard some rumors about a new inventory,but does it not work?  i would love to be able to tap my 4 button to pop a sprunk instead of opening and dragging to use.

i plea the 5th

i see your side but even just something keeps people happy i mean i have seen places way smaller this and way bigger still have a thread in emails for ideas and thought that are being worked on. i myself would love to see anything just showing its going north and there is plans for advancement. not saying your not but then again how do we know ? but as uncle frank said as well when can we have another community meeting ????????? one that stays on track and focuses on the city status no people thinking there on a talk show telling us about the time they got arrested and it was not fair lol i enjoyed hearing from the higher ups about there thoughts and ideas and plans