Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys ūüćé Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ‚ėÉÔłŹSnow soon‚ĄĘ‚ėÉÔłŹ
  • Bring back NYSP

Vinny Warrens

I've been talking to quite a few people from the community lately both in PD and out of PD and the balance PD to crims is still very much so unlevel. Some have brought up the idea of bringing back SP without hour requirements/cops in city requirements for people who have been in the city for a while and want a healthy split between their crim and cop. Just something like a basic trooper rank, no chance to move up in ranks or CoC unless they want to transfer back to NYPD and follow the Hours/Cops In City requirement, Basically a forever patrol honorary PD position for people who have been in the community for a few years or however long that want to be able to RP as a cop without having this big underlying white line of clauses to enjoy the other characters we've spent years building. Similar to how other cities use Park Rangers for this kind of job and etc.

• thumbup 1
    • Dislike 4

With all due respect Vinny. What you are suggesting makes PD and the "underlying white line of clauses" completely irrelevant. Everyone will want to be State Police with no responsibility, myself included. Why would I want to be in the Police Department when State Police has zero requirements, as far as hours and minimum cops on? I'm sorry but I do not see this happening. Cops are essential part of the natural roleplay in the server, these clauses were introduced to keep that flowing at all times.

Edited by Jack Simmons
    • thumbup 2

Posted (edited)
    1 hour ago, Jack Simmons said:

With all due respect Vinny. What you are suggesting makes PD and the "underlying white line of clauses" completely irrelevant. Everyone will want to be State Police with no responsibility, myself included. Why would I want to be in the Police Department when State Police has zero requirements, as far as hours and minimum cops on? I'm sorry but I do not see this happening. Cops are essential part of the natural roleplay in the server, these clauses were introduced to keep that flowing at all times.

Didn't say this is how it would have to be was just a suggestion for others to add-on their input to improve. They took this same approach with NYSP before where it didn't have requirements of hours/cops to play other characters and it worked out well initially. Didn't say there would be no requirements just less restrictive, also not everyone would want to join just like when NYSP was present prior with similar guidelines and yet NYPD still heavily outnumbered NYSP. Also don't think everyone would want to join if it was a Patrol only no chance of being in a sub-division or a chance of promotion and CoC is still the PD structure. Trying to think of options that help people who can't commit to something that feels like a second IRL Job, while still getting to enjoy Police Roleplay while trying to solve the issue of we still don't have enough cops. Also you state the rules were set in place to keep things flowing, but yet we still have a shortage of officers, no?

Edited by Vinny Warrens
    • Dislike 2

I would love to see NYSP back. I think with a little more brain storming, it could work. Like Vinny stated, it doesn't need to have it's own sub-divisions. I know I would love to come back as a trooper as Craig King. The hour stipulation and having to choose my cop over crim when there wasn't enough cops on duty just wasn't for me.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Vinny Warrens said:

Didn't say this is how it would have to be was just a suggestion for others to add-on their input to improve. They took this same approach with NYSP before where it didn't have requirements of hours/cops to play other characters and it worked out well initially. Didn't say there would be no requirements just less restrictive, also not everyone would want to join just like when NYSP was present prior with similar guidelines and yet NYPD still heavily outnumbered NYSP. Also don't think everyone would want to join if it was a Patrol only no chance of being in a sub-division or a chance of promotion and CoC is still the PD structure. Trying to think of options that help people who can't commit to something that feels like a second IRL Job, while still getting to enjoy Police Roleplay while trying to solve the issue of we still don't have enough cops. Also you state the rules were set in place to keep things flowing, but yet we still have a shortage of officers, no?

It actually has improved the consistency of on duty cops during the day. As I said if it were to come back, everyone would resign from PD and move to SP because there would be no regulations on hours and cop rule. These rules are in place so that as a cop, you show you are dedicated to giving roleplay to the server, as a cop is a very important job to have in our community. This is not a debate but I have given my opinion on it, don't think it will happen, but good luck.

Edited by Jack Simmons

I loved it back in the day when the 2 departments were separated. When NYPD was doing it's thing and NYSP was doing it's thing as well. The day the departments were to merge I was very disappointed that it had to come to that. as much as it was needed to improve communications and for everyone to be on the same page because one department was doing something different than the other and then we couldn't coordinate together as much. I think the one strong thing was that the departments were 2 separate family's and I just felt something strong about it being that way. So there were things that worked about it. It was nice to be able to have a choice which you got into as realistically you could not be a trooper and an officer in the state of NY at the same time they are really 2 separate departments. I think if they separated again NYPD and SP need to agree on the same rules guidelines and procedures at least to some extent so the 2 departments can communicate properly, so it at least solves that problem. 

As far as the hour requirements. One of the things that bothered me quite a bit when I came back into PD as Simon Cooper was that, there were times when I was very busy and just wanted to go on my crim and give the PD some RP. I'm still gonna put my hours in for the week and shit etc but putting a specific numbers of hours you must reach in PD was just not working for me anymore. I felt trapped behind a brick wall I could not bust down just to have a little fun for a bit. A lot of people can agree with me that it feels more like a job when you set a number of hours for someone to meet to their head before they can do what they want. It has gotten to the point where people are just coming around to get their hours done because they don't know whether they want to stay or go. There is RP that officers want to have that was once present in the city. I remember how much fun cop used to be 3 years ago. But where it is now if good cops aren't motivated to get on actively enough on their own without a set requirement with a termination if they don't make it is kinda like threatening them so then they're like ok ok I will hop on and be active for you. I don't know how many officers see it the same way I do or not but bottom line is. People shouldn't have to worry about losing their cop job or not based purely on a set in stone number of activity hours that MUST be met. People should be coming here to RP, have fun with one another and enjoy themselves because this is just a game, NOT real life. If you notice a lack of activity after removing the number of hours required to be on duty maybe say let's see u guys at least hop on a couple times in a month to evaluate whether you stay or go. Isn't that a lot more fair to people? cuz if they don't wanna hop on after that long then they can always come back later. Then in this case there is probably another underlying problem that you need to work harder to overcome and fix rather than have a job like hours rule to do it for you. Again I'm sorry to be rude and I understand how important being a cop is in terms of how much people love to RP with them but, this is just my 2 cents. 

Posted (edited)
    21 hours ago, Jack Simmons said:

It actually has improved the consistency of on duty cops during the day. As I said if it were to come back, everyone would resign from PD and move to SP because there would be no regulations on hours and cop rule. These rules are in place so that as a cop, you show you are dedicated to giving roleplay to the server, as a cop is a very important job to have in our community. This is not a debate but I have given my opinion on it, don't think it will happen, but good luck.

I understand where you're coming from and I appreciate your input on the situation I love hearing both sides of people opposed and people for it. If that's the case then why didn't you leave NYPD when NYSP was in place with these same guidelines before? 

Another issue I've seen with the minimum 5 hours when I'm on duty is there's a lot of people just "farming" their hours, regardless if it's an empty city, or they're just basically AFKing the island getting their 5 hours hanging out, or they're all circled at a gas station ignoring calls while talking and not even patrolling. Seems a little moot to have such a high hour requirement when the people enforcing it spend the majority of the time standing around doing the same thing.

Edited by Vinny Warrens
    • Dislike 1

Sure its a bad idea, it was tried before and we see how that is now.  One PD following one set of rules and having one command structure is all this city needs.  If you are interested in the department then apply and ask around.  But simply playing politics to get a new department to open is not a good idea.  Thanks for the tagthumbsup

Edited by Joe Conway
    • thumbup 3

Posted (edited)
    22 minutes ago, Joe Conway said:

Sure its a bad idea, it was tried before and we see how that is now.  One PD follow one set of rules and having one command structure is all this city needs.  If you are interested in the department then apply and ask around.  But simply playing politics to get a new department open is not a good idea.  Thanks for the tagthumbsup

Isn't playing politics because if you read what I posted it said it would still follow PD SOP and CoC just a entry patrol position for members of the community who want to have a healthy split between their crim and cop and don't want to be anything other than a simple Patrol Officer without having whitelines underlining everything they do when they just want to play a game. It doesn't even have to be NYSP it was just a suggestion of it being something different from NYPD Patrol Officer, where you know other cities institute things like the Ranger Program, and Sheriffs for those kind of players. I've also been in the NYSP and NYPD multiple times while also being CoC, ran a sub-divison, and created a Bailiff Program in the time I was in PD, so I appreciate your aggressive and naive approach of telling me if I'm interested in PD to apply and ask around while everything you stated was addressed in prior posts and is definitely not the case which you would have known if you read the thread instead of just spam downvoting everything without obtaining any information to the subject. Thank you for your input though!

Edited by Vinny Warrens
    • thumbup 1

• *Owner

Honestly? I like everyone else here, just want active cops again.

The city is pumping, we have a mass of Mechs, EMS and other needed jobs, but for some reason PD numbers are declining fast.
    I think that's what people are seeing, myself included.

We can talk about quality over quantity too and I agree with that 100%, but at some point, even if you have the best 5 cops that are active, it is not enough for the cities to run correctly.

Just my 2 cents. Wish I can eat these words, but eh idk its been falling fast.

• thumbup 1

1 hour ago, Crunch said:

The city is pumping, we have a mass of Mechs, EMS and other needed jobs, but for some reason PD numbers are declining fast.

We can talk about quality over quantity too and I agree with that 100%, but at some point, even if you have the best 5 cops that are active, it is not enough for the cities to run correctly.

I believe there's a few factors that tie into this. These days, the only calls we get are shots fired and maybe house robberies, and I'm sure that this gets very, very repetitive. I clock about 20 hours on duty every single week, on average, so believe me when I say that this is the majority of calls we get (not counting a vehicle theft every so often)

Store robberies used to be something I personally looked forward to, but those have disappeared. I can't remember the last time I've responded to one. I heard they're scuffed, so maybe that's why, but I'm not sure

Same goes for bank robberies. The fact that it is a probation charge demotivates people to do that kind of RP, as well as the fact that bank robberies are not very profitable to people. The probation and fine getting caught is much less encouraging in comparison to the loot you get.

I feel as though fixing store robberies and making banks more profitable (not necessarily pure cash wise) would increase the amount of RP for cops. You can ask any cop, every single bank robbery is just people with plateless bikes not wanting to get warrants because bank robbery is a probation charge, and just take their bikes down the subway tunnels where cops can't follow, to avoid being arrested

These two things are just part of the problem, from my perspective personally. I understand this is off-topic to the NYSP discussion, but I'm more providing possible reasons as to why the PD is declining, and it's because there are no calls to respond to anymore. 

The change of having 2 GA cities was amazing, because people can actually do things such as drug smuggling in Brooklyn, where cops and other people will actually be, and that increases the RP we as cops have, and the calls to respond to

I'm sure there are a bunch of other reasons that might tie into it, but these are just some things that I was able to come up with. I've heard from crims that "there's nothing to do for us crims anymore", but as for that I'm not sure where the problem lies

• thumbup 1

On 4/17/2021 at 7:23 PM, Crunch said:

Just my personal opinion I think all the shots fired and shootout are tiring and taking priority over all the other calls. 

Posted (edited)
    On 4/17/2021 at 8:23 PM, Crunch said:

That's why I was offering a suggestion of creating like a trooper,park ranger, or sheriff role that still operates within PD and under PD for people who just want to be patrol officers, don't want to be CoC, don't want promotions, don't want to join a Sub-Division, just want to be able to pick and choose when they play crim or cop instead of constant whitelines of requirements that is a page long before I can click a character just because there's 2 bad eggs in every other carton of a dozen. PD should be there to enjoy and have fun RPing just like every other department and aspect of the game. There shouldn't be a pre-flight checklist to force your hand at what kind of RP you're about to have to provide because you have to pick that specific character only. If you want to join a sub-division I understand having to commit more time to the department and etc, but just to have an option to be a simple cop you shouldn't have to jump through 5 flaming hoops before you click connect to the server nor should people have to turn down invitations from friends for other sets of RP on other characters because there isn't enough cops.

Edited by Vinny Warrens
    • thumbup 2

• *Management

I've been through many different variations of this rule the 4 1/2 years i've been in the community. I'd have to say that the attitude that people have had towards PD recently about it being a secondary job is getting dangerously close to going back to how we were before where no civs were allowed in PD which is how it was before. I think the 5 hours is a more then fair enough amount of time for someone to be able to make sure. It would be extremely unfair if this was created as a way for people to get around not wanting to do 5 hours every week. I would say as Police officers we are extremely lucky to be able to have civilians and be able to have another whitelist job as a side job. With how the community is right now i do not think that having people that can just play whenever they want is the right move. If someone doesn't want to commit to the requirements of being a Police Officer they should wait until they are ready to commit to it.

• thumbup 2

On 4/23/2021 at 7:47 PM, Walkingking1996 said:

I've been through many different variations of this rule the 4 1/2 years i've been in the community. I'd have to say that the attitude that people have had towards PD recently about it being a secondary job is getting dangerously close to going back to how we were before where no civs were allowed in PD which is how it was before. I think the 5 hours is a more then fair enough amount of time for someone to be able to make sure. It would be extremely unfair if this was created as a way for people to get around not wanting to do 5 hours every week. I would say as Police officers we are extremely lucky to be able to have civilians and be able to have another whitelist job as a side job. With how the community is right now i do not think that having people that can just play whenever they want is the right move. If someone doesn't want to commit to the requirements of being a Police Officer they should wait until they are ready to commit to it.

I agree there should still be requirements to being a cop whether it's 5 hours a week or what have you, but there shouldn't be a laundry list of pre-checks before you go on another character, or have to pass on other RP scenarios because there aren't enough cops on duty, etc.

I wanted to suggest bounty hunting. Something I can put a proposal. Maybe just to catch people with warrents. I have a few people I was talking to in the city who would join my team. Maybe just a team of 5 or the size of a gang. A logo. A Suv. A headquarters.  Tazer and handcuff ability.