Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys 🍎 Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ☃️Snow soon™☃️
  • Take classifieds off the website

luckylizards

Title says it all. I love the convenience but it really takes a HUGE piece of RP and takes it outta the city. If people want to sell cars, the can RP it out on city. Same with houses, businesses, etc. 

In the city Ive had massive rp scenarios selling and buying alot of stuff. What the classifieds to is allow people to just make out of game deals which are meta over discord by calling it "email"

Edited by luckylizards
    • thumbup 1

42 minutes ago, Jack Weasley said:

I see what you are saying but tis also in character. I totally see what you saying which makes more rp with one another. People use this to spread out the ads so everyone can see it. But yes i do agree what you saying. 

Capture.PNG.8d615108da2be5c27cee7eca0ddc994f.PNG

100%.  Yeh it says in character on the site.  I do a ton of car buying and selling since my character is a used car salesman.  All of the ads on the classifieds say "email me" and give their discord.  Once it leaves the site and goes to discord, its just a total meta free for all....99% of people don't stay in character.  The deal is just done and then schedule to meet in a city.  Money is exchanged and it takes a huge RP generator and turns it into a 30 second interaction.  One thing I think we are missing too much of is people taking their RP into their own hands.  There doesn't need to be a car dealer job to RP a car dealer.  I literally use a parking lot lol.  People could start a real estate firm and do it totally in city.  We used to have that.  Could add so much fun interaction.  

3 hours ago, luckylizards said:

100%.  Yeh it says in character on the site.  I do a ton of car buying and selling since my character is a used car salesman.  All of the ads on the classifieds say "email me" and give their discord.  Once it leaves the site and goes to discord, its just a total meta free for all....99% of people don't stay in character.  The deal is just done and then schedule to meet in a city.  Money is exchanged and it takes a huge RP generator and turns it into a 30 second interaction.  One thing I think we are missing too much of is people taking their RP into their own hands.  There doesn't need to be a car dealer job to RP a car dealer.  I literally use a parking lot lol.  People could start a real estate firm and do it totally in city.  We used to have that.  Could add so much fun interaction.  

I would agree on some of it. I use the business tab to advertise my need of staff. Yes I can do that ingame too but then you have to make that advertisement multiple times coz it will only dissapear. Also sending an application for a job opportunity always will be on "email" which is discord. These are not easy in the city. Even if there was a yellow page for all those classified, an "email" is still a thing. It is in real life too. But I get what you mean by people not roleplaying it coz it isnt in the city. A yellow page will be a good option to make it realistic so people can do advertisement that way. 

49 minutes ago, Missybiatch said:

I would agree on some of it. I use the business tab to advertise my need of staff. Yes I can do that ingame too but then you have to make that advertisement multiple times coz it will only dissapear. Also sending an application for a job opportunity always will be on "email" which is discord. These are not easy in the city. Even if there was a yellow page for all those classified, an "email" is still a thing. It is in real life too. But I get what you mean by people not roleplaying it coz it isnt in the city. A yellow page will be a good option to make it realistic so people can do advertisement that way. 

Oh I love this. You are absolutely correct. I think that part of it is a great resource. I really should have been more specific. I dont see advertising a business as any different than getting a billboard lol. I should have clarified better that I meant buying and selling things. 

• thumbup 1

• 1 month later...

I'm gong to bring this one back from the dead.  The car sales and real estate sales on here are destroying the RP in the city.  If I put a car out for sale in city and tweet about it, hits really hit or miss on if you can get someone to come look because they just look on the forum and do the deal OOC in discord.  If I put it on here, I can get 5 DMs in my discord in 10 minutes. It kills the RP in the cities.  We really need to take the sales of cars and Houses off the forums and get it back in the cities.  Get the RP going. I mean if we are doing it with cars, why not with guns?  

I barely use the classified section. 

(Yes i do have a add running for buying a house i know) 

I buy all my cars in city. The hunt for that car.

Calling people asking them,

Hey you know of someone selling let me know. It Just generates so much talk between people. 

And i also think this would partly help against the absurd high prizes that are asked for cars/houses.