Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys 🍎 Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ☃️Snow soon™☃️
  • state of rp

boyla

coming back to rp after a month has been very interesting now there is a lack of cops and 20 people constantly  shootouts does anyone know if it is better in granted access as there is barely any rp in bronx or queens ?

On 2/20/2021 at 7:03 PM, boyla said:

coming back to rp after a month has been very interesting now there is a lack of cops and 20 people constantly  shootouts does anyone know if it is better in granted access as there is barely any rp in bronx or queens ?

I've found the RP in Brooklyn to be always a lot better. You tend to see familiar faces a lot more and it generally leads to more fun roleplay but that's just in my own opinion

• *Owner

The public servers can be shitty at times. Then other times with less assholes playing gangster, they can be really good.
    But Brooklyn is much better for RP. Still just dont understand why anyone with a granted access tag continues to go back into the public, then complain about these shitheads.

We would love to continue to remove these people, but we need the help of credible reports so we can clean the community public servers up.

2 hours ago, Crunch said:

The public servers can be shitty at times. Then other times with less assholes playing gangster, they can be really good.
    But Brooklyn is much better for RP. Still just dont understand why anyone with a granted access tag continues to go back into the public, then complain about these shitheads.

We would love to continue to remove these people, but we need the help of credible reports so we can clean the community public servers up.

havent done my ban appeal yet :)

Hello all, I'd like to chip in here as well.

My friends and I played back in 2019 pretty frequently but lost interest for whatever reasons, I can't remember. We have picked the game back up and have started new characters to come back to an entirely different world. We're trying to play consistently enough to qualify to apply for Brooklyn, but we're having trouble with one of the requirements: Describing a good roleplaying scenario we have been a part of.

This was our first RP community ever, so we were pretty green back in the day. Now, we are pretty experienced when it comes to what is RP and what isn't, and I gotta say... It's tough to find decent RP in our main city, Queens. If it were one thing I think the shitlords fail to accept is that rolepley > gunplay.

I get excited when I see 50+ people on, but that excitement is short-lived when I stroll by legion to see at least 10 vehicles there and a bunch of people standing around. Even worse, I feel for the cops that have the daunting task of stopping by legion. 100% of the time some idiot will climb all over their cruiser/block them in in an attempt to bait the cop into using force, which is the crappiest way of initiating RP and an obvious fail RP. Since there is simply so many of them, they never get booted or punished for their actions.

Another thing about these gang-banging shitters is that they ignore some of the fundamental rules of RP. These most important rules are: New Life Rule, VDM/RDM, Cop Baiting and finally, Value of life.

I realize that there is no black and white solution that becomes apparent, and I do appreciate all the work you guys put into making this a great place to play. I just wish I had a stick I could bonk on these people's heads and yell "GO BACK TO GTA ONLINE" ya know?

• thumbup 1

On 2/23/2021 at 5:33 PM, Timberr said:

Hello all, I'd like to chip in here as well.

My friends and I played back in 2019 pretty frequently but lost interest for whatever reasons, I can't remember. We have picked the game back up and have started new characters to come back to an entirely different world. We're trying to play consistently enough to qualify to apply for Brooklyn, but we're having trouble with one of the requirements: Describing a good roleplaying scenario we have been a part of.

This was our first RP community ever, so we were pretty green back in the day. Now, we are pretty experienced when it comes to what is RP and what isn't, and I gotta say... It's tough to find decent RP in our main city, Queens. If it were one thing I think the shitlords fail to accept is that rolepley > gunplay.

I get excited when I see 50+ people on, but that excitement is short-lived when I stroll by legion to see at least 10 vehicles there and a bunch of people standing around. Even worse, I feel for the cops that have the daunting task of stopping by legion. 100% of the time some idiot will climb all over their cruiser/block them in in an attempt to bait the cop into using force, which is the crappiest way of initiating RP and an obvious fail RP. Since there is simply so many of them, they never get booted or punished for their actions.

Another thing about these gang-banging shitters is that they ignore some of the fundamental rules of RP. These most important rules are: New Life Rule, VDM/RDM, Cop Baiting and finally, Value of life.

I realize that there is no black and white solution that becomes apparent, and I do appreciate all the work you guys put into making this a great place to play. I just wish I had a stick I could bonk on these people's heads and yell "GO BACK TO GTA ONLINE" ya know?

i agree people need to chill out like bad rp encourages bad rp and i feel like robbing people isnt rp at all cus u just leave them with nothing straight after u robbed them like if there is a point eg hostage with a phone its alright but i dunno its too frequent

• *Owner

I think one ofd the main issues is people do not know how to do things in moderation.

If you going to stick someone up cool, but going from one person to another, another anther and keep doing the same shit, is where it becomes a very shitty thing to do.

Another issue is I sit here with my fingers crossed that the new people that actually want to RP and get into Brooklyn, don't give up before doing so. I ask you to stick it out, report people and do your best to stay in the lanes of RP. Hopefully the time will come quick and you will be let into Brooklyn.

We are currently trying and doing the best we can with the help of the community reporting, reporting and reporting. This will take alittle time, but in the end, your help will have been the deciding factor on why the community has gotten better.

So thank you all, lets keep RPing and reporting !

• thumbup 2

54 minutes ago, Crunch said:

I think one ofd the main issues is people do not know how to do things in moderation.

If you going to stick someone up cool, but going from one person to another, another anther and keep doing the same shit, is where it becomes a very shitty thing to do.

Another issue is I sit here with my fingers crossed that the new people that actually want to RP and get into Brooklyn, don't give up before doing so. I ask you to stick it out, report people and do your best to stay in the lanes of RP. Hopefully the time will come quick and you will be let into Brooklyn.

We are currently trying and doing the best we can with the help of the community reporting, reporting and reporting. This will take alittle time, but in the end, your help will have been the deciding factor on why the community has gotten better.

i dunno gunplay is huge and cops dont want to rp with that so there are none online and so some citys become a pvp server instead of rp but yeah reporting is the only way

15 hours ago, Crunch said:

Exactly! Everything in moderation, If you do have a little bit of a stick-up make sure you preform it in a way that could create some sort of added layer of interaction. (But please do not simply "Hunt" for the person, that really does nothing and contributes very little) Finding a reason WHY your character would rob someone or something can be a critical facet in creating post robbery interaction. Lets use a simple example. [Insert Name Here] has a vicious crack addiction and needs stuff he can pawn off for crack, "Cc-com'n man gimme some cash maaaannnn." (/me scratches left arm violently) "I need this fix man give up the casaaaasshh."Maybe throw in some crazy crackhead conspiracy. "The rocks keep the zorgathians from seeing into my gaul balder man, I NEED THIS FIX." These are just examples but anything simple or complex can add to your interaction! Take risks, do the outrageous, the crazier it sounds the better it will play out! 

• 1 month later...

why not make a new server so if u get banned from queens when u next try and enter u just get routed to a server full of hostile npc's. ive started using obs to record my game play as ive spent 6 days in queens after coming back from 3 years ago and ive been rdmed vdmed too many times each char was robbed within 5 min of me joining the server as well.

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

why not make a new server so if u get banned from queens when u next try and enter u just get routed to a server full of hostile npc's. ive started using obs to record my game play as ive spent 6 days in queens after coming back from 3 years ago and ive been rdmed vdmed too many times each char was robbed within 5 min of me joining the server as well.

Getting routed to another server coz you are banned from Queens is not exactly a lesson to learn. Its better to send them on a vacation than rewarding them. Even when you are talking about hostile NPCs.  Consequenses should be hard so people will learn from their mistakes.