Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys 🍎 Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ☃️Snow soon™☃️

This is Alfie, a long time member of BCRP and a member of the BCRP Staff team, ive wrote this to shed light on some of the concerns that a good amount of us have but wont speak up about, i know this is a long read but please take 5 minutes and read this. 

Eco Wipe - Over the past year myself and many others that have played here have seen the economy deteriorate from the influx of money and "rare" cars, this has lead to the deterioration of Roleplay due to everyone having the stuff they want and need (businesses, houses and Cars) as soon as they have obtained these items 70% of the Community tend to steer away from RolePlay and go into a car/stand around simulator, With the chance of and ECO Wipe yes there would be people that leave the community but in reality the ones that leave are the ones that werent here to support the servers and to contribute to RolePlay in a whole. Its not just Myself that has these concerns, There is a vast majority of others that also play in our servers that see this, in the past few months we have had people speak their mind about certain things in our community and yet nothing is done, its as though we arent being heard on certain subjects that have been causing issues throughout the year.

Restricted RolePlay - This could go either way, many of us feel as though we are being restricted in what we can and can not do in the servers, there has been so many RP scenarios that have been brought to me and all they receive is a blanket "no" - We once had one of the best if not THE best Public server on FiveM until the Economy went south and there were cars being brought in along with all the other stuff, as a seasoned member of this community i want to see us Thrive the way we did when we had full servers (with people that ACTUALLY RolePlay) and with Queues of 30+ in each, at this point not just myself but a vast majority of others in this community have lost hope due to the Influx of people not caring for the RolePlay, they just want to stand around and do, Well ...... Nothing. YES There is 30% of the Community that wants us to continue to grow and thrive but we cant do that unless we fix the problems at hand first. 
      How can we brand our servers "Serious RolePlay" When in fact most things that happen would NOT happen in real life, People have lost hope.
    Civs to cops, Civs DO NOT care for what the cops say and or do, its just oh you got me ok send me off, they dont fear nothing, most people that get arrested just plain and simply dont care.

Again this isnt just Myself that is bringing up these concerns i have soo many DM's from people on discord not just that but Live on stream and they voice their opinion there, a lot of these people think that if they speak up about the issues that we have they will just be removed from the community.

Cars/handling - The cars that we have in the server should be priced more to a "Serious" price, yes i understand that the Economy is broken BUT changing the prices of cars would stop people from flipping cars for more money, These so called "rare" cars have messed up the economy AND our Roleplay as a whole, CIV cars have amazing handling amazing breaks and speeds, whereas cop cars well, the only one thats really used is the charger due to it being great handling goes 200mph+ and can keep up with Civs, so in a whole revamp the handling on cars to more realistic speeds as if it was the real thing. 

---- Fines and times from police ---- For a seasoned member of our community it is as simple as paying the fins without even scraping the surface of what they have cash wise, BUT for a new player thats new to our servers it is Physically impossible to survive, they spend their time doing legal jobs to get a heavy fine IF they get arrested even if its their first arrest, after that they think well illegal ways here i come then get wrecked even more when they get arrested.

-- Rules and Restrictions -- for a Public server we are too quick to say No before giving that person a chance to do that roleplay, 9 times out of 10 yes that thing may be abused i understand that, but why dont we give opportunities and community members the chance to open up something different, give them the chance to do something unique, give them the chance to further their roleplay and better our community as a whole and Together. 

Me personally (Alfie / Bashers / Frank) ive been here a long time ive seen the server change for the better back like a year or so ago, i know that Nardah is one person and he does an amazing job at the coding and helping out the server, but why not ask for help, theres no shame in it at all, we have a community of 8000 people, we as a staff team get suggestions pretty much everyday, we cant expect 3 people Nardah, Crunch and Justine to Develop, code and deal with in server stuff alone.

Thanks 
    Alfie
    BCRP Staff

• Like 7
    • police car 2
    • thumbup 22
    • *Owner

https://gyazo.com/729800e5d2c9792ccae731c9e6db77f9

Hmm Last I checked your part of staff are you not? You know we have been talking about 2.0 for a while now and the things that will be changed and addressed and how it will work.

If you didnt, then maybe you have not been around idk.

But clearly this is the same message thats been posted before and I have responded and explained before what our plans are.

Nobody has ever been removed or punished for speaking up, the important thing is how its approached, we are adults, when you see an issue or want something to change or recommend something and want it to actually happen, you simply contact the person or people in charge and have a conversation.

For the average person here, that can be challenging, but almost everyone knows my DMs are always open, I listen and I will always do whats right for the community as a whole.

But you as someone of staff already know this, thats why I am wondering, why you would need to make a post about this when you can simply contact me, or how about the 20+ other people in the staff discord your in?

Weird.

• thumbup 2
    • Dislike 3
    32 minutes ago, Crunch said:

Hmm Last I checked your part of staff are you not? You know we have been talking about 2.0 for a while now and the things that will be changed and addressed and how it will work.

But clearly this is the same message thats been posted before and I have responded and explained before what our plans are.

Nobody has ever been removed or punished for speaking up, the important thing is how its approached, we are adults, when you see an issue or want something to change or recommend something and want it to actually happen, you simply contact the person or people in charge and have a conversation.

For the average person here, that can be challenging, but almost everyone knows my DMs are always open, I listen and I will always do whats right for the community as a whole.

But you as someone of staff already know this, thats why I am wondering, why you would need to make a post about this when you can simply contact me, or how about the 20+ other people in the staff discord your in?

Weird.

Damn Imagine being a smart-ass towards someone because of their title in a community and for stating their opinion (which are actually facts).

Weird.

• awesome lollipop 1
    • thumbup 2
    • Dislike 2
    1 hour ago, Crunch said:

Weird.

Hi Crunch

You know as much as I do, I trully love this community and would do a lot to see it grow for something more greater.
    If alfie does know what management has been going through when it comes to changes etc for the community, then i dk why he would speak up the way he did. 

I think the issue might be that whatever is happening behind managements "close doors"  stays in there and no one else outside of it really has any idea.
    People feel nothing is changing and everyone that actually roleplay left the community coz of frustrations and lack of information on what is going on.
    Lets take for example the whitelist server. Everyone is hype and on waiting to hear more about it. Yet there isnt really any news.

I think the people are just asking for clarification and more of that "Hey family so far we have done this and that and we have come so far about this and that"
    There are so much negativity about the server and community as a whole right now and its just a mess.

Id like this community to grow and many people are absolutely amazing but sadly they are dissapearing slowly. ❤️

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    2 hours ago, Crunch said:

Weird.

Firstly before I state anything, I would just like to state this is not an attack, it is a critical assessment of what the owner and senior management has promised and what they have delivered in the past in order to improve and grow this community and the RP within, I am trying to keep this as unbiased as possible, but obviously there is no such thing as unbiased criticism.

Initially, I would like to bring up the fact that you yourself have stated in the past, about 6-7 months ago when all the PDM custom cars were removed to increase the performance of the servers when the bigger cities were first opened up, you were going to "Bring back all PDM cars" and for people not to "Fall for any scams in the meantime". Months have passed and that promise has not been upheld and nothing has been done about these cars, thus showing that unkept promises have their consequences.... Just look at the economy now.

Moreover, for over a year a "Whitelist" has been teased and has been stated to be worked on, yet former staff members have stated that it hasn't been worked on in months. the funding is there and the time has been over a year. Once again, letting the community down. So, how are we as a community supposed to believe a word the senior management and owner team states when none of their promises to the community have been satisfied in the past?

Now you can go on and reply with a "You don't know what we're doing in the background". or you can take this as constructive criticism and take Alfie's opinion as constructive criticism as well. He has stated facts aided by his opinion and so have I. This "2.0"has been "worked on"for over a year and the donations on one person's profile can probably cover over a year worth of development. Pretty sure you can hire a whole dev team to set all this up with all the donations this server has. So don't put excuses and just understand we as a community are concerned and would like to see improvement. 

Weird how someone's staff role can be used against them when they state their opinions.....

Edited by Skullbreakerq8
    • Like 5
    • thumbup 5
    13 minutes ago, Skullbreakerq8 said:

Firstly before I state anything, I would just like to state this is not an attack, it is a critical assessment of what the owner and senior management has promised and what they have delivered in the past in order to improve and grow this community and the RP within, I am trying to keep this as unbiased as possible, but obviously there is no such thing as unbiased criticism.

Initially, I would like to bring up the fact that you yourself have stated in the past, about 6-7 months ago when all the PDM custom cars were removed to increase the performance of the servers when the bigger cities were first opened up, you were going to "Bring back all PDM cars" and for people not to "Fall for any scams in the meantime". Months have passed and that promise has not been upheld and nothing has been done about these cars, thus showing that unkept promises have their consequences.... Just look at the economy now.

Moreover, for over a year a "Whitelist" has been teased and has been stated to be worked on, yet former staff members have stated that it hasn't been worked on in months. the funding is there and the time has been over a year. Once again, letting the community down. So, how are we as a community supposed to believe a word the senior management and owner team states when none of their promises to the community have been satisfied in the past?

Now you can go on and reply with a "You don't know what we're doing in the background". or you can take this as constructive criticism and take Alfie's opinion as constructive criticism as well. He has stated facts aided by his opinion and so have I. This "2.0"has been "worked on"for over a year and the donations on one person's profile can probably cover over a year worth of development. Pretty sure you can hire a whole dev team to set all this up with all the donations this server has. So don't put excuses and just understand we as a community are concerned and would like to see improvement. 

Weird how someone's staff role can be used against them when they state their opinions.....

Preach

• Like 2
    • thumbup 2

Honestly agree with pretty much 90% of everything that was said. I think the community has definitely seen better days. Honestly PD seems to be falling apart half the time, we got good cops leaving or putting in LOAs because they are simply tired of the RP or the lack of RP. The economy is out of order so your either so rich that there’s no point in doing much of anything or ur too poor to afford the fines with doing anything illegal. When there is illegal things happening in the city it’s “gangs” just shooting each other up for fun. Then we have people leaving the community altogether, people who had really good stories. Maybe it’s just me, nah actually that’s a lie there’s others who feel this way. 

• Like 1
    • thumbup 5

The good ol’ days of standing around the park waiting for shit to happen. I played almost a year ago. and was here when the whitelist was first teased. And back when crunch was trying to crack down on groups that just minged and brought nothing to RP. 

i agree with everything said here. i feel an eco wipe, regularly, could bring a lot of the rp back to the community.

and the community being more aware of whats going on behind the scenes on a more announced basis. Not just having to dig for it.

• Like 2
    • thumbup 1

I have been here a long time. When i got here there were prominent families/gangs that went out and created roleplay. It wasn't always good but it was creating roleplay with an actual family. Sadly the "families" or "gangs" we have now sit at Legion or in Maze terrorizing people with little to no roleplay. I have seen the economy go absolutely haywire. When i got here, 100k was a big deal. Now it's just "WHATEVER MAN". Money "drives" too many peoples roleplay here and that's the wrong thought process. Where is actual character progression? People just come here, donate money and poof they are now buying up guns and shit with no character progression to the person they are looking to be. I'm not sure where things went sideways but i would really like to see deeper more realistic roleplay coming out of these families/gangs. No more standing around at Legion or Maze. I'm not sure staff is looking to eco wipe, but i would for sure love to see a fresh start whitelist come back. Give it some things the public servers won't have to keep people interested in whitelist. Help promote better roleplay all around.

• Like 3
    • thumbup 3
    1 hour ago, Cau Mau said:

I just want to say.. I've been here for 2 years and 30 Solid Characters in BigCityRP have PK'd within the last 30 days. More PK's in one month then the whole 2 years, I've been here.

I would have said this same thing^.

I am seeing my friends that have played here with forever PK and move on to something else. It is sad as fuck when people I get quality rp with say they're just done. Something needs to change. WE NEED A BIG CHANGE. *cough* WHITELIST\\\\\\\\\\\ECO WIPE

But I digress. I have been here for a little over a year now. I really don't know how to transcribe my thoughts into words at the moment but..........FINISH THE WHITELIST, PLEASE! The RP and characters are diminishing. I've brought up this point a lot and I know a lot of people can relate to this. I could have mastered ANY SKILL with the amount of time I have played in this city. BUT NO I chose to play here on some dumb video game that let's me get away for a while. Please, I beg of you... listen to the community members that have been here for long periods of time. These people who use this server to play mmo grind for money or micro transaction for money is fucking stupid. I am guilty of this, but not for the wrong reason. I donated to the server because I LIKE IT, the money was just a bonus. But I could give a fuck if it was erased tomorrow because i'm here for RP not to build my bank account. I am ready to let over a year of money/cars/house go for a wipe OR whitelist. I think anyone who is here for the right reason will feel the same way. 

TL:DR: Too bad read it lazy ass.

• Like 2
    • thumbup 3
    9 minutes ago, Jax Hunt said:

I would have said this same thing^.

I am seeing my friends that have played here with forever PK and move on to something else. It is sad as fuck when people I get quality rp with say they're just done. Something needs to change. WE NEED A BIG CHANGE. *cough* WHITELIST\\\\\\\\\\\ECO WIPE

But I digress. I have been here for a little over a year now. I really don't know how to transcribe my thoughts into words at the moment but..........FINISH THE WHITELIST, PLEASE! The RP and characters are diminishing. I've brought up this point a lot and I know a lot of people can relate to this. I could have mastered ANY SKILL with the amount of time I have played in this city. BUT NO I chose to play here on some dumb video game that let's me get away for a while. Please, I beg of you... listen to the community members that have been here for long periods of time. These people who use this server to play mmo grind for money or micro transaction for money is fucking stupid. I am guilty of this, but not for the wrong reason. I donated to the server because I LIKE IT, the money was just a bonus. But I could give a fuck if it was erased tomorrow because i'm here for RP not to build my bank account. I am ready to let over a year of money/cars/house go for a wipe OR whitelist. I think anyone who is here for the right reason will feel the same way. 

TL:DR: Too bad read it lazy ass.

Well said brother, especially with the donations

• Like 2
    • thumbup 2

Alfie is right.

RP has been lacking lately. An Econ wipe would be a much needed attitude adjustment that is necessary for fixing this city. Suggestions have been made in DMs that I have sent to other staff members and they have been ignored or unresolved until they blow up.

Alfie is one of the few managers I always trust.

• Like 1
    • thumbup 3

Wagwan.

So I heard about this post and just wanted to say being a member of this community for over 1 1/2 years without any major breaks I built myself and built a story around my character and how he went from nothing to something and I enjoyed it to the fullest at the start as every little thing was actual role play and all parties involved played their part. Now a days you just see people who are after items/drugs/houses/cars and they have been in the city for less than a week and through donations have been able to purchase cars worth millions. It took me over 8 months to be able to buy first "rare" car and even then I took a loan at the time. Now before people say it yes I have donated and quite a bit at that but that does not mean that I came in to the server and donated to get the easy money and get what I want I had played on the server for months before my first donation.

Recently I had not enjoyed my time in the city what so ever because no one really wants to build a story no one really RP's anymore. I started off seeing people stacked at legion but they were told by announcements to move or be kicked but this changed nothing as they went from Legion Lizards to Maze Maggots because what they do has not changed it simply in a different area.

I just slowly started people giving up all effort because if it's not the people at Maze it's people who just get in to gun fights left right and center  because they have nothing else to do and that's how they pass their time.

I have heard many people say Just make a new character and start again but going back to Basher's point of the charges. It is so hard to get a new character going because legal jobs pay nothing compared to the economy that we have as you could do 4-5 trucking runs but lose that the moment you do one thing wrong, this leads to people starting off with the criminal life but when they are just starting and get caught they go even further in to debt because those charges are even higher.

I personally am one of the ones that have given up as I simply just did not enjoy being in the city when there is nothing that can be done and the current economy state is where it is at. I simply held an event gave my stuff away and said my goodbyes and I'm just being honest I don't know if this is just a long break or me being done with the server because unless I don't see any changes/improvements I am not looking to come back to what I left.

Things need to actually happen and changes need to be put in place. Announcements have been made and people have got excited but how long ago was that. Actions will forever speak louder than words and we have not seen many things being done. I'm so happy to see that people are speaking up about this and the fact that a member from management has posted this shows even more of a concern to me. First the staff need to be on the same page and it should not matter what position you hold within a community because we should all have the right to voice our opinions. Basher's doing this was great to see because he is involving the whole community not just the staff. 

This community gets kept in the dark way to much and it's just not right, we never know what changes there will be until they happen and from experience it seems there is hardly any community contribution because it never gets in to account. It would be nice to polls asking what the community would like to see and then actions taken on it.

Well that's that i'm going to peace out with this and hopefully once things improve for the better and possibly get this econ wipe we all so badly want Jamaal might be back but until then I'm sticking to my words and not planning to be back. 

• Like 3
    • thumbup 2

The big cities killed the drugs being able to be moved to locals easily and consistently which killed the Drug RP. Not being able to add in or remove any cars because of the stabilization of the big cities ruined the Car buying/selling RP. Big cities actually are hurting our drug/car rp which to me is a lot of RP. Just my 2 cents.

• thumbup 1
    1 hour ago, yA_diG said:

The big cities killed the drugs being able to be moved to locals easily and consistently which killed the Drug RP. Not being able to add in or remove any cars because of the stabilization of the big cities ruined the Car buying/selling RP. Big cities actually are hurting our drug/car rp which to me is a lot of RP. Just my 2 cents.

But do you agree that before they even think about fixing those issues, the economy should be wiped? There really is no point in adding more to stuff to an economy that is broken especially cars.

21 minutes ago, Jax Hunt said:

But do you agree that before they even think about fixing those issues, the economy should be wiped? There really is no point in adding more to stuff to an economy that is broken especially cars.

Wiping the economy risks losing all the people we have. A lot of people come on randomly after long periods of break. If they come back and everything they worked on is gone, that probably won't go to helping the community. I think that a few people should control the drug distributions and that will make RP flow from those people and trickle down. Having Family's run certain drugs can create the RP we have been looking for.  Give it to people who have shown they can RP and don't "give" it to them. Sell it to them so they don't make oogles of money, just a fair price.

It was like this once before (with certain families getting drugs) and it was imo the best our city was.

Edited by yA_diG

i say this all the time. WE NEED ECO WIPE AND DRUG KINGPINS.
    I agree with alfie as well as almost every persons comment i have read. Wake up crunch this "v.2" is just an excuse dating back a long fuckin time. If its not an excuse then prove me wrong. Start rolling out announcements and allow people to test it and take feedback on it.

• thumbup 2
    • Crunch locked this topic