Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys 🍎 Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ☃️Snow soon™☃️
  • Let's stop being assholes, plZ?

nolaceyno

Alright dudes, a lot of us have been in the community for a LONG time. We feel like we have done everything that can be done, blah blah blah whatever.

But I have noticed that a lot of the OG heads are starting to act a bit asshole-ish. Like "I am too cool for anyone that isn't already directly in my friend circle, and if anyone says anything to me that is even slightly taken as a joke at my expense, I am gonna stab them and laugh and walk away"

Like come on guys. Get over yourselves. There are so many gems that you will never find if you never turn over any new rocks. 

I have made new characters that people don't recognize and they instantly kill me because I do what I do best... I troll ppl.

Like come on... Lets do some roleplay, lets get some laughs, maybe instead of murdering people because they may have slighted you at all, say something like "you know what I like your stlye, tell me more about yourself, kid" 

How hard is it to be nice tho, really?

I noticed that a lot of defense mechanisms are "don't venture out of your comfort zone"

BUT THERE IS LITERALLY NO GROWTH, if you don't!!!

Our bodies are wired to say "OH GOD THIS IS DIFFERENT WE COULD DIE" but there aren't new routes to take to the watering hole with sabertooths near by, so FUCK IT. GO WITH IT.

Sorry for my colorful language. You know I get spicy when I feel strongly about things.

❤️ Laceyface

• thumbup 4

• 2 weeks later...
    • *Owner
    On 8/23/2020 at 2:38 AM, nolaceyno said:

Alright dudes, a lot of us have been in the community for a LONG time. We feel like we have done everything that can be done, blah blah blah whatever.

But I have noticed that a lot of the OG heads are starting to act a bit asshole-ish. Like "I am too cool for anyone that isn't already directly in my friend circle, and if anyone says anything to me that is even slightly taken as a joke at my expense, I am gonna stab them and laugh and walk away"

Like come on guys. Get over yourselves. There are so many gems that you will never find if you never turn over any new rocks. 

I have made new characters that people don't recognize and they instantly kill me because I do what I do best... I troll ppl.

Like come on... Lets do some roleplay, lets get some laughs, maybe instead of murdering people because they may have slighted you at all, say something like "you know what I like your stlye, tell me more about yourself, kid" 

I noticed that a lot of defense mechanisms are "don't venture out of your comfort zone"

Our bodies are wired to say "OH GOD THIS IS DIFFERENT WE COULD DIE" but there aren't new routes to take to the watering hole with sabertooths near by, so FUCK IT. GO WITH IT.

Sorry for my colorful language. You know I get spicy when I feel strongly about things.

❤️ Laceyface

Honestly I hear this from new people all the time. Not sure why people are not open to networking. Not every new person you dont know is a shitlord or dont RP well, give people a chance..

I have many new people that come here, have nothing compared to many people here and still message saying how much fun and good interactions they have had here with some people.

But the majority of people just need to be open and allow new things to happen and see where it goes. Not much you risk in giving a new person a chance.

On 8/23/2020 at 8:38 AM, nolaceyno said:

❤️ Laceyface

I hope your trolling comes with quality roleplay.
    Coz if you just troll because thats what you do best then expect a reaction.

And I agree that a lot of people not specifically OGs are not very welcoming to new people.
    I myself made a new character and the moment I hit the ground and went to garage 1, I got called a hoe coz they didnt like where I was stading.

We do have to give each other the chance to land and explore the city without getting killed or disrespected for no reason.
    But it goes both ways and it dont matter weather your an OG or the new kid on the block.
    Show respect and give each other the space to grow.
    Many who arent good with rp needs time to find their way and learn.

Edited by Missybiatch

On 8/23/2020 at 2:38 AM, nolaceyno said:

❤️ Laceyface

You're very right Lacey, OG's need to be the standard for RP and set a good example for new players, instead the majority of them have become shitheads and can't for the life of them roleplay past shooting. It's a sad reality that can be changed, so if you've been here and have experience roleplaying then show it, prove that you've actually learned something and be worthy of your place in the community. Every time you log into the city you should be trying to further your roleplay and become better, not just stand around "flexing" your money or power. You have age and experience on your side, so show it.

Do you know how frustrating it is to play a character that's immediately seen as me OOC? Even from OG's, the reaction from people is completely out of character and it's gone as far as people have blocked me OOC when never speaking to me OOC before. OG's that stream, I hear them speak about my character in an OOC way as well. Encouraging their chat to hate ME, because they cannot separate the IC and OOC character.

The fact is, no one really seems to be roleplaying. I think people often just project who they actually are behind the screen into a "character" in the game, and that is fine, but it's confusing everyone on what's really being roleplayed and what's happening OOC. So when someone like me, who is not British in any way, plays a British character, people automatically start making snarky comments IN GAME about my accent because they cannot roleplay themselves and behave in a manner that follows the roleplay. Or they make snarky comments out of game, on stream, that it's obvious I am not British, when... This is the point. I created a character and it's not seen as that. For no reason it's talked down on, as if because I don't have a perfect accent, that it's a negative on me as a person.

TLDR; IMO a majority of the problem is people just don't know how to roleplay, or differentiate between IC and OOC.

14 minutes ago, Zelda said:

The fact is, no one really seems to be roleplaying. I think people often just project who they actually are behind the screen into a "character" in the game, and that is fine, but it's confusing everyone on what's really being roleplayed and what's happening OOC.

This right here. We are meant to create a character and give that character a personality that's different from us. I also believe that many people struggle with keeping opinions in character. If an individual does something that bothers you in character, there should still be no reason why it isn't separated once you log out. OOC disliking an individual for their character doesn't make much sense.

Just now, Mr.Killz said:

This right here. We are meant to create a character and give that character a personality that's different from us. I also believe that many people struggle with keeping opinions in character. If an individual does something that bothers you in character, there should still be no reason why it isn't separated once you log out. OOC disliking an individual for their character doesn't make much sense.

I can't count how many times we hear at the mech shops "Yeah in my head I take care of animals and wash the..." etc. Or something along those lines. Just straight up out of character conversations with the excuse of using "in my head" to get around it. It's such a norm that I know I have done it even, and right as I do it, I just want to kick myself because none of it is roleplay. It's casual conversation as a person, not as a character with a backstory created for it catered to the city. 

• *Owner

Alot of what we see in staff are things that quickly become OOC. 

People get mad when they get caught by cops.

People get mad when they lose a gun fight or situation vs. another group or person.

I see some really stupid reports come in, things that should continue in RP but some people just dont allow that to happen.

Lots of issues that should be in character and handled that way, fall on the laps of staff.

Role play is not about things obtained, how much you have or how long you been here.

Its about dedicating your time to creating and building around that persona.

If your not willing to interact with new people or allow situations to progress and see where they go, then building something can never happen.

We can remove all the money, all the cars and we will still have people attacking people OOC and not following through to RP things out.

Yes lots of things need to be addressed and they will, but if you think this is as easy as twisting a few knobs, your highly mistaken.

What we need is cooperation and help from the very people here. Lets start with respecting each other both in and out of character.

Lets have people follow all situations completely through RP, minimizing the ooc crap and complaining, allowing things to progress in character.

If no one is willing to cooperate like this as an individual or group, then we are all wasting our time.

• Like 2
    • thumbup 2

• 2 weeks later...
    On 9/4/2020 at 2:13 PM, Crunch said:

Alot of what we see in staff are things that quickly become OOC. 

People get mad when they get caught by cops.

People get mad when they lose a gun fight or situation vs. another group or person.

I see some really stupid reports come in, things that should continue in RP but some people just dont allow that to happen.

Lots of issues that should be in character and handled that way, fall on the laps of staff.

Role play is not about things obtained, how much you have or how long you been here.

Its about dedicating your time to creating and building around that persona.

If your not willing to interact with new people or allow situations to progress and see where they go, then building something can never happen.

We can remove all the money, all the cars and we will still have people attacking people OOC and not following through to RP things out.

Yes lots of things need to be addressed and they will, but if you think this is as easy as twisting a few knobs, your highly mistaken.

What we need is cooperation and help from the very people here. Lets start with respecting each other both in and out of character.

Lets have people follow all situations completely through RP, minimizing the ooc crap and complaining, allowing things to progress in character.

If no one is willing to cooperate like this as an individual or group, then we are all wasting our time.

I also see this myself when interacting with people as a police officer or just chilling on civ I believe the ability to not take everything that happens in RP personally is something that would help.  When members bring problems OOC instead of letting things play out and then going to support with questions and concerns is definitely pushes away RP for sure and I would probably say new players trying to get there feet wet as well.  I think people forget that RP is a two way street you need both sides to be on board with it to be successful.  Weather you are winning or losing it should not matter but the experience and quality of the RP should be what matters and remembering that this is not the end all be all result.  You can have a working economy, cool cars, nice houses, PD and EMS but if you don't have quality player base and a friendly community then all those extra's do not matter.