Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys 🍎 Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ☃️Snow soon™☃️
  • Lawyer/D.A

Jade

The lawyer job and the district attorney job need to be separated. I cant count how many times a day (after placing a 311 call saying im unavailable for rep.) I get calls looking for a lawyer. I do a decent amount of roleplay on my ADA aside from ADA work and it is really annoying that we show up in the yellow pages as a LAWYER and can be called by anyone at anytime and asked for a lawyer. It is highly annoying. I then am the one who gets attitude when I say I am unable to help. So please please please please can we get the Lawyer job and the DA job separated so this no longer has to be an issue for myself or any other DA's that may have the same issue. 

• Like 1

^^^ Big facts above.
    Its a simple problem that on your IDs its just classed as Lawyer so the DB just flags anyone with Lawyer in the yellow pages.
    I do have some ideas and possible work around solutions where you can have departments and you can hire/fire from that menu.
    This could then make it easier to separate the two. 
    Hard to explain and put in words but its doable 1000000000000%

• Like 1

• *Management

I've seen you multiple times do this. However. only cops and EMS will see you post this /311 once, officers come and go off duty multiple times a day so ever officer will not know that your a ADA, but maybe on the yellow page have it seperated  
    LAWYERS:
    DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S:
    ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEYS

And what not, idk your ranks 

I understand the frustration. Yet, cops are constantly told they need to reach out to legal for advice and for these people to get their lawyers and having the roleplay intended for DOJ. Yet now that it is happening it is upsetting. What i would like to see is more actual DOJ members with in the city. At that point they can contact the appropriate people. I know how frustrating it gets being called for every little thing. But how can things ever make it to court if all of the active people of DOJ are unable to help any one.

I agree that some separation is necessary between Lawyers and DAs however it is the case that some people do in fact reach out to the DA's office to ask them to take on their case to "criminally" prosecute someone who has wronged them. DAs and ADAs dont solely go after cases created and investigated on by the police, they also go after their own cases that may or may not come from individuals who contact them.

So I would agree that some yellow pages separation is necessary but I wouldnt advocate to remove them entirely (much like Mr Linch said) as I feel if an officer had a legal question or if someone wanted to reach out about having the DAs office handle a case, that should still be something they can investigate. 

So I agree on context but not on delivery that separation should be made. I feel like I said that we shouldnt close more DOJ members off from availability to contact.