Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys ūüćé Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ‚ėÉÔłŹSnow soon‚ĄĘ‚ėÉÔłŹ
  • Queue Prio

Jade

Something I have brought up on stream multiple times is queue prio issues. People sit in queue for hours just to get bumped back by someone who just joined. I think prio should be time based. What I mean by this is certain WL jobs should have different times they get into the queue as. For example: 

-Police jump into queue as if they have been waiting 60 min
    -FDNY jump into queue as if they have been waiting 60 min
    -mechs jump into queue as if they have been waiting 15 min

-lawyers jump into queue as if they have been waiting 30 min

Those are some examples. This way someone who has been waiting in queue for 2 hours isnt getting bumped back every time a cop joins queue. Everyone deserves an equal chance to play on the servers. I understand that sometimes PD is needed in the city, or a lawyer is needed in the city, so give them a time they jump into the queue as and go from there. I 100% believe someone shouldnt be bumped back after waiting for an 1hr and a half just cuz someone has a WL job. Feel like it will be more fair all around and make it so people can get into the server easier and enjoy their time in BCRP.

• Like 3
    • thumbup 1

I have also thought about this.  Or another option would be set a limit for how many times someone can be bumped.  

For example:  Say you’ve been in the queue for some time and continue to get bumped back. Once you have been bumped X many times you reach the highest priority level and cannot be bumped(excluding bumps by management and reconnect prio). 

1 hour ago, Manny elephant said:

Or switch to a diff city when the queue is so long?

Exactly why do people sit in a 15 people que when another city has 15 people in it  ? Large City not included but not exclusive we have Two large Cities yet we can see at some times 18 -20 people ques. Yes I get some people may have story lines going on they need to be in that City to move forward, But I have seen people sit in a 15 person que and then get in the city and go and stand in Maze ??

• *Senior Management
    2 hours ago, Addylad said:

Once the Cop/ EMS limits have been reached our prios are disabled. I do understand where you are coming from but its a joint effort from all sides to spread out.

^^ This is exactly it. The only people who keep prio after limits are reached, are supervisors and management.  There are also a couple of civilians that have better prio that was rewarded to them. They sit below supervisors. 

• Like 2

Either limits aren't reached often or there are a lot of people with that type of prio and there are a lot of supervisors/management around because Most of my experience with the queue is being bumped back multiple times, over and over and over again. I'll go from 1 in queue to 3, then to 2, then back out to 7. 90% of the time this is the majority of my queue time. Being so close to getting in but then waiting nearly 2 hours because I get within 2-3 only to be bumped back by somebody.

• Like 1

It's not as easy as "just spread out" though. You have people that want to RP with their friends. You have people that have to RP with specific people for that time or day. You have regulars that just simply don't want to spread out, ranging from nobodies to management. "Just go to another server" has been the argument against something like this for well over a year, maybe even longer. There are too many reasons to go to a specific server for a specific reason to just simply say "Spread out." 

I disagree with the easy way out of ‚Äújust go to an empty borough or smaller city.‚ÄĚ ¬†

Everyone has friends in the city and we all know where we frequent or prefer.  If your friends only go to Brooklyn then you’re going to queue Brooklyn,  etc.  No one is going to go in an empty borough alone.  

Majority of people willing to wait in a queue are doing so for a reason.

We aren’t here to RP with locals 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dino said:

^^ This is exactly it. The only people who keep prio after limits are reached, are supervisors and management.  There are also a couple of civilians that have better prio that was rewarded to them. They sit below supervisors. 

What about mechs and lawyers? I am a DA and ik i skip people all the time... i have mech friends that skip people too. i dont know if there is a limit to how many mechs/lawyers are in the city until their prio doesnt work. so mechs and lawyers are bumping back regular civs as well as PD and FDNY constantly. its not just PD and FDNY. I do 100% agree people should spread out more. However if all your friends are in a city, 90% of people are gonna go to that city. its just unrealistic to expect otherwise. 

Edited by Jade

20 minutes ago, Jade said:

What about mechs and lawyers? I am a DA and ik i skip people all the time... i have mech friends that skip people too. i dont know if there is a limit to how many mechs/lawyers are in the city until their prio doesnt work. so mechs and lawyers are bumping back regular civs as well as PD and FDNY constantly. its not just PD and FDNY. I do 100% agree people should spread out more. However if all your friends are in a city, 90% of people are gonna go to that city. its just unrealistic to expect otherwise. 

Mechs dont have prio unless they have a civ prio.  I know that for sure because i am a mech with no prio.  Probably just whitelist prio.

• *Senior Management

there is also crash priority. some whitelisted jobs have priority, some civilians have prio. 

to give you an idea?

prio is out of 100. the higher the number, the better your prio.