Zayn Mylo

New York Mayor!

As Crunch asked, he want's us to compile idea's for the Mayor for Big City, such as their job roles, how we would like to see them elected and anything else related to the job! I am happy to volunteer to read through this and add it all into a slideshow/document for us. Just add your suggestions below, please keep conversation civil. 
Any questions please feel free to PM me- Anders#0002.

NY.png

Edited by Zayn Mylo
Clarification.
  • Like 1
  • thumbup 2

While I can't add much for what the job would entail, I would like to put forth term limits. A term limit would allow more people to become mayor and allow more RP for those involved.

• thumbup 2

Just a brainstorm, but what if someone wanted to have an event, lets just say at Maze Bank Arena as an example, they would have to meet the Mayor in his/her office, fill out some paperwork, and get the OK from them before doing so. Adds another element of RP, as well as giving the mayor some sort of actual role in the community

• thumbup 3

35 minutes ago, YoTengoo said:

While I can't add much for what the job would entail, I would like to put forth term limits. A term limit would allow more people to become mayor and allow more RP for those involved.

How long would you suggest the terms are for each person and would people be allowed to redo terms?

6 minutes ago, Billy Jackson said:

Just a brainstorm, but what if someone wanted to have an event, lets just say at Maze Bank Arena as an example, they would have to meet the Mayor in his/her office, fill out some paperwork, and get the OK from them before doing so. Adds another element of RP, as well as giving the mayor some sort of actual role in the community

Nice idea. Added. 

57 minutes ago, Zayn Mylo said:

How long would you suggest the terms are for each person and would people be allowed to redo terms?

I'd say give at least 2 terms of buffer before someone can be reelected. If it's only one term, the mayoral position might just alternate between 2 people. I already believe that Crunch has stated they will be 2 month terms, which sounds good to me. At least 3 different mayors a year if there was a 2 term buffer.

Edited by YoTengoo
Clarification
  • thumbup 1

After thinking, I believe the Mayor could work as a delegate between the common citizenry and the NYPD/SP. The mayor can hold press conferences that the CoC of both departments could optionally attend, answering questions and further increasing dialogue between the Police and Civs.

• thumbup 3

Like Billy said any ingame events or stuff go through the mayor, another idea, maybe taking loans out theres no bank feature of this maybe that could be a cool idea for the whitelist but the less crime you do the more you're entitled to you know. Maybe they could also have a vote on what happens to criminals 9s wise. Maybe they could even have an assistant/ board council type shi. 

• thumbup 3

On 1/20/2020 at 1:52 AM, Jamie said:

Like Billy said any ingame events or stuff go through the mayor, another idea, maybe taking loans out theres no bank feature of this maybe that could be a cool idea for the whitelist but the less crime you do the more you're entitled to you know. Maybe they could also have a vote on what happens to criminals 9s wise. Maybe they could even have an assistant/ board council type shi. 

That will work if the event will be held in a public place but not in a private property/business

4 hours ago, Herbert Black said:

is there actually an election happening? 

We are waiting on the government to see what they think about the suggestions. And then see if they do something official regarding it. @Crunch Anything you can add?