Join Our Emergency Services Team

Apply Now

Join The FDNY

Join "The Best" Paramedics in the world!
Apply Now
News Ticker
  • Ralph is a cool guy. Call or text him 999-9999
  • The Weather today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow.
  • Be on the lookout for Rocky the Big Foot in Chiliad forrest
  • Looking for good hunters to take out vermin in the hillside of Chilliad. Please call the Park Rangers to get your permit today!
  • Bart enjoys 🍎 Send him one at BadBart#6487
  • ☃️Snow soon™☃️
  • Rp vs gta online

So this has been a long time coming. Do half of you know the rules of the server? Know what valuing your life is? 90% of the people I see these days are no longer role playing but just sitting at legion arguing, shooting one another for the dumbest reasons, dropping racial slurs etc. Honestly it's gotten old. 

Let's discuss. Role play, are you here to make a story. Actually setup things, build who you are and the character behind you. Do you have back storys as to where you came from, how you ended up in the city etc? What I'm getting now is people come to the city, go to legion, ask about drugs, kill someone and supposedly they now run that place. I'm sorry but that's not role play. When has roleplay been about just grinding and sitting at legion? Me and my brother started here early this year and we had to actually learn this stuff. We had to make connections, we had to worry about how we made ends meet. We had to role play. Where has that gone. 

Gta online. You go online. You talk shit to one another and shoot each other then grind for $. Literally dont need to role play here. Like why bring the shitlordiness to a good rp server and ruin it for everyone else. 

With all this your driving your solid playerbase down. I have seen multiple cars just given out recently, why do these people get things without having to work for that? I almost never come to the server anymore due to all stated above. 

Edited by Averagecuppajoe_TTV
    • Like 2
    • thumbup 15

I for one, am attempting to build an evolving story line for all 3 of my characters. I've seen a lot of "shitlord rp" but I've also seen a lot of really good RP here too, so idk. I don't even hang out at Legion hardly though - usually too busy workin'.

• thumbup 1

• *Owner
    23 hours ago, Averagecuppajoe_TTV said:

So this has been a long time coming. Do half of you know the rules of the server? Know what valuing your life is? 90% of the people I see these days are no longer role playing but just sitting at legion arguing, shooting one another for the dumbest reasons, dropping racial slurs etc. Honestly it's gotten old. 

Let's discuss. Role play, are you here to make a story. Actually setup things, build who you are and the character behind you. Do you have back storys as to where you came from, how you ended up in the city etc? What I'm getting now is people come to the city, go to legion, ask about drugs, kill someone and supposedly they now run that place. I'm sorry but that's not role play. When has roleplay been about just grinding and sitting at legion? Me and my brother started here early this year and we had to actually learn this stuff. We had to make connections, we had to worry about how we made ends meet. We had to role play. Where has that gone. 

Gta online. You go online. You talk shit to one another and shoot each other then grind for $. Literally dont need to role play here. Like why bring the shitlordiness to a good rp server and ruin it for everyone else. 

With all this your driving your solid playerbase down. I have seen multiple cars just given out recently, why do these people get things without having to work for that? I almost never come to the server anymore due to all stated above. 

I seriously could not have described it better. Thats exactly whats happening and I was planing to make an announcement about this and a few other things. So I will just link your post in the announcement.

But more importantly, we will not allow this to continue. We will soon make some changes and the people that continue this crap will be the first to find out what those changes are and how it will effect them being part of this community.  Thanks for expressing your concerns, they are mine as well.

• thumbup 12

• *Senior Management

As a fairly active person from the FDNY, i cant tell you how many times I have signed off duty, and either gone to another city or another game entirely because we are following people around who are just killing because they can. (this happened the other night, joe and I left after 1 hour)
    or people who ignore EMS on scene, and start whining that its taking to long, or yelling at us to pick them up. 

There are a few cities that I physically groan when I need to enter or actively try to avoid because its just going to be dumb shit over and over again.

We cant even be trusted to remove a green zone from legion square for more than 12 hours because it becomes a dick measuring contest. I was actually excited to come into the city to NOT have 10 people standing at legion. but it was taken away before i even got home from work.

I love creating stories with people, but I hate when they get ruined over the dumbest shit. I feel like a broken record when i say to people "well we are a public city, have to expect this.. ?"

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    • thumbup 6

Honestly, I'm glad changes are happening. The constant bickering and shootouts are old, real old. Build up your character, build up your connections and your family. If you dont know how to do that or even roleplay at all and you arent willing to learn. Please leave. Stop ruining this for those that actually enjoy this. 

• Like 1
    • thumbup 2

39 minutes ago, Crunch said:

I seriously could not have described it better. Thats exactly whats happening and I was planing to make an announcement about this and a few other things. So I will just link your post in the announcement.

But more importantly, we will not allow this to continue. We will soon make some changes and the people that continue this crap will be the first to find out what those changes are and how it will effect them being part of this community.  Thanks for expressing your concerns, they are mine as well.

While i feel and understand the problems stated, what you're talking about is to vague for the comfort of the community. You make it sound like you don't want people loitering in Legion at all, which it thats not the case, excuse me, but if that is the case, id have to say that ive made all my best connections there and with that location i would have given this place up entirely. There is simple not enough tools in the city to build story without some sort of use of Legion.

I understand problems such as shitlords and such, and sure, handle that however you want, but the general population has no need to be dragged into that. Combat logging is a problem, verbally abuse is a problem, people interacting peacefully and enjoying their time in the city with the only time in the day they have, not a, or your, problem.

• Like 1
    • thumbup 2

I'm just going to voice my opinion on a few things. Although I am not perfect and am guilty of a few of these things I still believe these would really help the city out.

#1 would have to be GTA Driving, we all do it I'm not sure I know anyone that fully obeys the traffic laws 99% of the people on the server me being one of them drive like absolute lunatics and value our cars as replaceable pieces of junk people constantly speed at crazy speeds throughout the city not only endangering themselves but the people around them. I would be all for making the fines harsher as people practically can pay about $5000 which is about one trucking job and the people who are doing these crazy speeds are usually in cars that cost about 1000% more then $5000.

#2 kind of coincides with the first issue this is Non Criminal RP. I feel like everyone in this city has got to be the next best criminal, the criminal rp is so repetitive it's all about selling drugs being rich and killing people would be really nice if more people would rp as non criminals and just normal day to day people.

#3 I see is money, everyone in this server treats money like it is the almighty and makes the world go round. Everyone's rp revolves around money but money really brings nothing I've had a lot more fun working at burger shot making no money at all and just having fun interacting with people then I have had selling a car making $20 million dollars.

#4 People thinking the devs have to hand the rp to us on a platter. This one really irks me I hear a lot of people complaining about the server not having updates and there being nothing to do and that is completely not true. The whole point of RP is to be creative you don't need everything handed to you. Be creative and trust me you will have a lot more fun!

This is in no way meant as a dig at anyone I've just had these ideas on my mind for a while and finally found a place to post about it

• Like 3
    • thumbup 3

2 minutes ago, Dino said:

As a fairly active person from the FDNY, i cant tell you how many times I have signed off duty, and either gone to another city or another game entirely because we are following people around who are just killing because they can. (this happened the other night, joe and I left after 1 hour)
    or people who ignore EMS on scene, and start whining that its taking to long, or yelling at us to pick them up. 

There are a few cities that I physically groan when I need to enter or actively try to avoid because its just going to be dumb shit over and over again.

I love creating stories with people, but I hate when they get ruined over the dumbest shit. I feel like a broken record when i say to people "well we are a public city, have to expect this.. ?"

There was one EMS personnel that I had a scene with after being viciously attacked by a rottweiler. He was awesome at his job and his roleplay. Dude talked to the nurse at the desk of the hospital, roleplayed giving me shots in my ass because the dog might have had rabies, it was funny as hell. I want more of that, not people running their mouths and then shooting someone up because they didnt get their way.

• ambulance 1
    • thumbup 2

I seriously don't get it to be honest. I have been here for a pretty long time. Kennedy started as a door man at Tequila La checking id's. I have a decent rep here for things but i didn't just get it over night. It took me a long time to get it. Before most of the everyday people who are here now were a thing there were many other gangs/families that i had to battle against. I had to push my way to the top to be a big name here. People just come here assuming they are gonna be a big name in a week. Coming here talking shit, not understanding how to build your character up to a certain point is sad. Can not tell you how many times in a week some new individual tells me "YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO" while standing in Legion and not leaving. Well you damn right i don't know you. Coming here expecting to gain respect and money in a week is laughable and is not roleplay. And further more if you revolve your entire roleplay around money, than you might as well go play gta online. Because that is a sad way to do it. It's gonna get boring fast. I haven't been around much lately for reasons, but i would like to be. I love this place. There is a lot more i could say but the old saying goes "If you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"

• Like 1
    • Sad 1
    • thumbup 1

• *Owner
    1 minute ago, DragN SlayHer said:

While i feel and understand the problems stated, what you're talking about is to vague for the comfort of the community. You make it sound like you don't want people loitering in Legion at all, which it thats not the case, excuse me, but if that is the case, id have to say that ive made all my best connections there and with that location i would have given this place up entirely. There is simple not enough tools in the city to build story without some sort of use of Legion.

I understand problems such as shitlords and such, and sure, handle that however you want, but the general population has no need to be dragged into that. Combat logging is a problem, verbally abuse is a problem, people interacting peacefully and enjoying their time in the city with the only time in the day they have, not a, or your, problem.

For the last few weeks the parks have had the same players reported on each city. Absolutely doing nothing for hours and hours on end. Making connections at the park is fine, hanging out at the park for a bit is fine. The people we are talking about are the same people that are standing in a circle doing nothing for hours right now. Pick a city, go look, check tomorrow, the next day, this weekend, all next week,, all the same people. That is not making connections, thats wasting space.

• thumbup 2

Their's two arguments that can be made as to why the city is the way it is now. Money and the Community. Now I get it... o boy another person who is to lazy to go and farm money. You can work a hundred real hours as an EMS or as a cop and still not be able to afford anything nice since dumpster houses seem to cost about a million and the cheapest import cars seem to go for 10 mill+. I enjoy the grind but their is a point when it is to much. In the side of the community it falls into two groups with one side being the early members of the city who own everything nice and fancy and aren't willing to let people without nice stuff work into the friend group. Theirs then the other side who is the real problem who runs around trying to act like hot shit mugging everyone they see and killing for no reason to try and seem like their the most important person in the world.

• Like 2
    • thumbup 4

• *Senior Management
    Just now, Crunch said:

Pick a city, go look, check tomorrow, the next day, this weekend, all next week,, all the same people. That is not making connections, thats wasting space.

This also takes away from RP for PD/SP/FD because we drive around waiting for calls and half the city is standing in a circle. I legit started telling cops to give loitering/unlawful assembly tickets xD 

• Haha 1
    • thumbup 1

Just now, Diplomas said:

used to happen but people would just yell out "fuck the pigs" "you are all pussies" and then they stopped trying to get people loitering at legion

I mean people just do that regardless. LMAO. I won't lie i give a few cops some shit. But you gotta have a line somewhere.

I'll speak for myself as someone who hasn't been in the city very long and didn't come in very consistently until recently.

All the things listed in the OP is true and it makes it hard for new RP'ers to get into the swing of things. This is my first and only RP server and I'm learning as I go. I signed up for (what should be) a social job hoping to meet people, introduce my storyline, and make things happen but 9s out of 10 I end up with:

a) taxi w/ a silent passenger that refuses to engage

b) a gun to my head for money that gets direct deposited (so I end up shot for not having enough money)

Or

c) long stretches of time only getting a chance to interact with locals.

I'm grateful for the many people that have attempted to RP with me. Some of the vets have shown me how to engage and establish a relationship. Some I can tell are just as new to it as me.

For the ones that just come to sell drugs and hit banks with little to no interaction with anyone outside of people they know irl/ooc: Doesn't that get old after a while? Why come to a RP server to do things that you can do in the stock game?

&& this is NOT to shame/denounce Crim RP because it can be fun and can make some really good storylines. Just don't forget the RP part. No one's a mugger/killer 24/7, consider showing a different side of your character.

<endrant>

• thumbup 1

This is just my two cents as someone relatively new to the server and to GTA rp in general.

I agree with whats been said so far. A lot of the behavior one would expect from GTA online is here and it's frankly boring. Criminals and PD and Civs just lording their guns for no reason. Other civilians sitting around doing nothing for hours then whining that they have no friends and they're bored. And so many people just unwilling to "lose" rp. I can't even begin to count the times I've rolled up to a scene as an EMS and the person does not respond, doesn't give me anything and they just code 0 on me to avoid anything that might "delay" whatever it is they're doing.

Theres been so much petty bullshit. Criminals getting salty because they get caught breaking the law, Cops getting salty because they can't just mag dump on people for no reason. People loitering in Legion like it's the hottest spot in town...I mean I could go on and on.

In the short time I've been here, by just, you know, not being a freaking internet troll I've had SO MANY good experiences. I've had people challenge me with hard scenarios, I've gotten to know some interesting characters, some odd characters, some downright annoying characters, and the usual shitlords as well. 

If people bothered to put maybe 5 minutes of effort into a character, into a story, things would be so much better. 

I just hope the changes in the horizon help. I feel if systems could be hammered out (EMS, PD, SP, DOJ, etc) and rules actually followed and not just "followed when it's convenient for me" and imagine people maybe giving a damn every now and again, this community could be awesome.

As it stands right now it's just very predictable, and sometimes just boring and tedious.

• thumbup 1

Just now, Crunch said:

For the last few weeks the parks have had the same players reported on each city. Absolutely doing nothing for hours and hours on end. Making connections at the park is fine, hanging out at the park for a bit is fine. The people we are talking about are the same people that are standing in a circle doing nothing for hours right now. Pick a city, go look, check tomorrow, the next day, this weekend, all next week,, all the same people. That is not making connections, thats wasting space.

Thats simply not relevant if nobody is complaining about them. Theres a big difference between characters like "crackhead grandpa" that is there to screw around and be disliked, and people like Nova, who goes there because if she goes anywhere else, she gets shot on sight or her bike stolen. There are things where you could say they're doing "nothing," but how much are you there? Actually talking to them and finding out why theyre there? Im Raptor. The last living Goddamn Velociraptor. I go to Legion because the normal jobs have trash pay, i get tired of trying to find the remnants of my ancestors at the beach with a scanner, and i get tired of getting felonies from spicing up my life with a little fun. But there is no right answer Crunch. If people do gang stuff to much its a problem, if people are spending to much time at legion not doing gang stuff its a problem. If people are selling to much drugs its a problem, if theres to many cops in a city and all the criminals give up and chill at legion its a problem, if theres not enough cops its a problem for multiple reasons.
    But i feeling you're cracking down on the wrong problem when it could handle itself with other fixes.

• Like 2
    • thumbup 2

5 minutes ago, DragN SlayHer said:

Thats simply not relevant if nobody is complaining about them. Theres a big difference between characters like "crackhead grandpa" that is there to screw around and be disliked, and people like Nova, who goes there because if she goes anywhere else, she gets shot on sight or her bike stolen. There are things where you could say they're doing "nothing," but how much are you there? Actually talking to them and finding out why theyre there? Im Raptor. The last living Goddamn Velociraptor. I go to Legion because the normal jobs have trash pay, i get tired of trying to find the remnants of my ancestors at the beach with a scanner, and i get tired of getting felonies from spicing up my life with a little fun. But there is no right answer Crunch. If people do gang stuff to much its a problem, if people are spending to much time at legion not doing gang stuff its a problem. If people are selling to much drugs its a problem, if theres to many cops in a city and all the criminals give up and chill at legion its a problem, if theres not enough cops its a problem for multiple reasons.
    But i feeling you're cracking down on the wrong problem when it could handle itself with other fixes.

The "trash pay" wouldn't be bad if the economy wasn't screwed. Legal player or criminal it doesn't matter you'll never afford most thing unless you grind for weeks or get the deal of a lifetime. Theirs a guy who has been going around trying to sell his trashy house. People ask him what the government price was (250k) and he's out here trying to get well over a million for it. You should be able to flip your stuff but their needs to be a limit. I get the argument of money doesn't create rp but it kind of does. Most new players get scared off due to cost. I've been here for a while and I still live in public garage 1. People want things and they would work for them if it wasn't an insane goal. Increasing pay for the legal jobs wouldn't change anything other then causing the already unaffordable things to get more expensive.

• Like 1
    • thumbup 1
    • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, DragN SlayHer said:

No he is cracking down on one of the exact problems. It's a very noticeable thing. 

Just now, Don Walker said:

The "trash pay" wouldn't be bad if the economy wasn't screwed. Legal player or criminal it doesn't matter you'll never afford most thing unless you grind for weeks or get the deal of a lifetime. Theirs a guy who has been going around trying to sell his trashy house. People ask him what the government price was (250k) and he's out here trying to get well over a million for it. You should be able to flip your stuff but their needs to be a limit. I get the argument of money doesn't create rp but it kind of does. Most new players get scared off due to cost. I've been here for a while and I still live in public garage 1. People want things and they would work for them if it wasn't an insane goal. Increasing pay for the legal jobs wouldn't change anything other then causing the already unaffordable things to get more expensive.

I fully agree, that is not the way to fix things. I got my first big break from doing a ton of scanning over 2 days, then just flipped a bunch of items

• thumbup 1